Hammerhead Racing Clutch Disc from the Intuitive Racing Inc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striikar

Needs aTherapist 👨‍⚕️
Build Thread Contributor
Anyone know anything about this new clutch?.
Looks pretty cool too.

The new Hammerhead Racing Clutch Disc from the Intuitive Racing Inc.
-----
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153162904119

The Hammerhead Disc Clutch is specifically designed for 26cc and up using a Bartalone or Vertigo housings.

This fully machined clutch is made from state of the art materials to provide the racer with superior performance, reliability and longevity required with these high horsepower engines.

Intuitive Racing's new exclusive Carbon Fiber Friction disc is the latest proprietary technology capable of handling the higher temperatures created by the stall speeds of the high horsepower 1/5 scale RC cars, trucks and buggy's. This combination provides a clutch that is capable of transferring the torque for that Hole Shot!

Clutch comes complete including the Drum ( Bell ) and is fully assembled and ready to race. If you have questions regarding fitment or tuning, don't hesitate to call Intuitive Racing for complete instructions. There is no need for additional levers or springs.

Fits Losi 5ive, HPI 5B/5T, 5SC and the Losi 5ive Truck
Standard Zenoah and CY cases as well as all billet cases
Finley Billet G320 Reed Case

We will provide you with a complete owner's manual for adjusting the clutch ( unlike the similar clutch that is currently being sold) that comes with the clutch from Intuitive Racing. If there are clutch tuning issues or questions, Intuitive Racing is always there to help.

We have all the spare replacement parts in stock and ready to ship.

Sale: $130.00
Picts

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-09-01-10-14-15.png
    Capture+_2019-09-01-10-14-15.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture+_2019-09-01-10-15-17.png
    Capture+_2019-09-01-10-15-17.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Similar design to the Turtle Racing Snapper clutch and the MCD Pro Bite clutch and a few others.
The ebay post looks like a clone of the Winchester RC Tornado clutch...right down to the stock photo they used for the clutch.

I don't know if Winchester RC is still in business..maybe the ebay listing bought some leftover stock.

Clutch is still on sale at Largescalerc.com though...

SmartSelect_20190901-110754_Chrome.jpg

Looked up the company...they are based i California.....may e they bought the rights or whatever from Winchester...or maybe they are Winchester...

Intuitive Racing

Last edited:
this just seams really over complicated.

Agreed. I'm running the Lauterbacher off road 4 shoe, and that's about as complicated as I'd care to get. Full sized clutch baskets are a PITA. I can only imagine how big a pain this smaller one might be. More parts in the plumbing, more poop can go south. But even still, I'm curious as to this one's performance. I can't imagine how it could be superior, but I've been surprised in the past!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks