Haric’s Carbon fiber panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we know why you keep pushing those master press ?. Looks interesting I bet the pre preg stuff would save a boat load if time.
It does and its much faster , But you need molds so , they were designed for crushing weed into Rosin but that market sucks . A collage in Colorada wanted a custom so we modified it. I removed the link to the presses , I don't mean it to be a ad ! for it sorry !!

But you can get cheap Chinese heat presses for about $400 , you might have to make larger heat plates depending on what you are making .

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...rlist.normal_offer.d_title.2f423ff0VElOM3&s=p

Last edited:
It does and its much faster , But you need molds so , they were designed for crushing weed into Rosin but that market sucks . A collage in Colorada wanted a custom so we modified it. I removed the link to the presses , I don't mean it to be a ad ! for it sorry !!

But you can get cheap Chinese heat presses for about $400 , you might have to make larger heat plates depending on what you are making .

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...rlist.normal_offer.d_title.2f423ff0VElOM3&s=p
I was just busten your chops mate, idc as long as it works for what you want it to.

Pre preg and a heat press ?. Do the presses stay heated for 24hours hmmm interesting
If you leave them on LOL ! If you want more info PM me I'll go over it with you.

The low cost Chinese ones ( google Rosin press on Alibaba) are dual plate temp. controlled at about 1.5 tons with about 6x6" plates you can get larger plates or make them using cartridge heaters.

Usually the Pre Preg makers spec. the temp and time for curing.

I'll have a look but I just don't see how I would work and save time . I get the press part for forming but surely the press would need to form around the mould and hold it there for 24 hours for a proper job. I don't tend to exceed 120 degrees c for more that 4 hours on a cycle with vac infusion around 80% true vacuum which is insane amounts of pressure equally displaced.
If I'm wrong I'm wrong but really don't have any idea about heat pressing but will take a look ?
Wow I've just had a glimpse at it and how much is moulding. Forget it I'm out haha ??

Last edited:
I'll have a look but I just don't see how I would work and save time . I get the press part for forming but surely the press would need to form around the mould and hold it there for 24 hours for a proper job. I don't tend to exceed 120 degrees c for more that 4 hours on a cycle with vac infusion around 80% true vacuum which is insane amounts of pressure equally displaced.
If I'm wrong I'm wrong but really don't have any idea about heat pressing but will take a look ?
Wow I've just had a glimpse at it and how much is moulding. Forget it I'm out haha ??
So do you use a fiberglass mold or ?? then lay the fiber+resin in the mold , bag it and autoclave it ? , for heat pressing you make a mold ( Alum. ) insert the pre preg and press it , the mold stays in the heat press to stay at temp. for the next cycle. there are variations but thats the basics from my knowledge.

I see interesting but wouldn't be any benefit to do on a small scale.. the expenses for just plugs former moulds is insane. I can't see if being any quicker than bagging with the curing process still being the same. But on a large scale it would cut costs just being able to do multiple moulds in the press. Top find dude ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks