Haric’s mcd w5 max ultimate build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my God. I wish I knew how to hydrodip. This is insaine.
It’s not hard as you think brother! Look it up on YouTube for detailed instructions👍🏼
Thanks bro, I'll be honest it got old with just all one color/ theme. It needed some other type of paint or scheme.
John, What was the base color before you got it hydrodipped?

I was considering trying my hand at it on some small stuff! Trying to dip the inside of the body I think could be somewhat challenging depending on skill/experience level. I watched some videos and some guys had defects from air being trapped under the film do to some of the contours.

I was considering trying my hand at it on some small stuff! Trying to dip the inside of the body I think could be somewhat challenging depending on skill/experience level. I watched some videos and some guys had defects from air being trapped under the film do to some of the contours.
If I was going to do clear body, I would paint the inside with the base color and hydrodip the outside and hit it with clear coat.

its not gonna look right if you hydrodip the inside without base. If you paint the inside then hydrodip inside it, the pattern will not show like how John’s body on his losi. The pattern will show from the inside of the body
I don’t know what will happen if you hydrodip the inside first then hit it with base after.
Pretty sure pearl white
The white base makes the pattern pop. I’m looking at either white for base or bronze

Last edited:
If I was going to do clear body, I would paint the inside with the base color and hydrodip the outside and hit it with clear coat.)

its not gonna look right if you hydrodip the inside without base. If you paint the inside then hydrodip inside it, the pattern will not show like how John’s body on his losi. The pattern will show from the inside of the body

The white base makes the pattern pop. I’m looking at either white for base or bronze

Pretty sure he did the inside, then used a black coating over it

Yeah, from what I have been looking at I think you would do the steps completely in reverse. Hydro dip the the raw body, then candy (if wanted) then base coat last. You could do a backer coat after you apply the chosen base coat to make it pop.

I originally considered doing the exterior but thought it won’t it won’t hold up to what I put my stuff through. Figured it’s too much effort if it’s going to get destroyed the 1st time I run it hard.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks