Harm SX3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillar3

Hello

My first post here so please bare with me if the pictures don't load correctly or I mess anything else up.

I have just finished by Harm SX-3 1/5 scale RC car and just thought i'd share the story and some pics with you.
I have always had a love of anything RC car related from as long back as I can remember and due to some unfortunate circumstances towards the end of last year I happened to come into a little bit of money that i could treat myself to something with.

I had always fancied a 1/5 scale RC car so I got busy searching online on the normal platforms Ebay Wallapop etc.

Found a Harm 1/5 scale SX-3 second hand that was in fantastic condition and the guy selling it was pretty local to me so decided to try and do a deal, a bit of back and forth and a price was agreed.

So here it is on the day i collected it

So now I needed to start work on finishing the bodyshell, I decided to paint it with Tamiya PS-23 gunmetal grey paint. I also started searching online for some Mercedes Decals, I had no idea how difficult these were going to be to find, only place I could find any was on Ebay from Singapore. The price of them was stupidly expensive for some stickers but I knew If I wanted the car to look as good as possible I had to have them.

So I got on with the jobs in hand

So with the bodyshell all painted the car is starting to come together, the white mismatched wheels though are starting to drive me crazy and the car really needs a spoiler. So off shopping again, now I could of opted for a cheap plastic spoiler but really felt the car deserved more so opted for the Carbon & alloy version.

How the cars sits now

Car is now nearly finished just a couple of small things I still want to do.

Hope you enjoy the pics thanks for looking.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
Hello

My first post here so please bare with me if the pictures don't load correctly or I mess anything else up.

I have just finished by Harm SX-3 1/5 scale RC car and just thought i'd share the story and some pics with you.
I have always had a love of anything RC car related from as long back as I can remember and due to some unfortunate circumstances towards the end of last year I happened to come into a little bit of money that i could treat myself to something with.

I had always fancied a 1/5 scale RC car so I got busy searching online on the normal platforms Ebay Wallapop etc.

Found a Harm 1/5 scale SX-3 second hand that was in fantastic condition and the guy selling it was pretty local to me so decided to try and do a deal, a bit of back and forth and a price was agreed.

So now I needed to start work on finishing the bodyshell, I decided to paint it with Tamiya PS-23 gunmetal grey paint. I also started searching online for some Mercedes Decals, I had no idea how difficult these were going to be to find, only place I could find any was on Ebay from Singapore. The price of them was stupidly expensive for some stickers but I knew If I wanted the car to look as good as possible I had to have them.

So with the bodyshell all painted the car is starting to come together, the white mismatched wheels though are starting to drive me crazy and the car really needs a spoiler. So off shopping again, now I could of opted for a cheap plastic spoiler but really felt the car deserved more so opted for the Carbon & alloy version.

How the cars sits now

Thanks
Mark
Very nice details??

Hello

How the cars sits now

Thanks
Mark

Seems some of the pics have not worked correctly my bad for copy & pasting, the links (red X's seem to link off to the pics though.
Sweet looking car ??
I seen that guy on ebay your right his prices are insanely expensive...

Yeah I managed to negotiate him down a bit but still ended up paying around 60 Euros, but looking online 1/5 scale decals are not cheap anyway. They finish the car off though so glad I went with them.

Thanks for your comment.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks