Hate loose grass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy Basher

Took the buggy out again yesterday and it was hooking good. All of a sudden it just died. My Killer Bee was working fine and the gas bubble was full. At first it would hit a few times like it was going to start then nothing at all. Brought it home and removed the crank cover to check the coil and it was so full of grass and debris it was blocking the fire between the coil and flywheel. Blew it all out with air compressor and BAM, off and running like a BEAST. Gotta love working on these things and learning new stuff. Happy R/Cing and now it's time for day 3 on the concrete parking lot.

Bashing in tall grass is an issue with my Rovan as well, the grass will ball around my front hubs and get wedged so tight between the spinning hub and the steering knuckle that it causes serious drivetrain jamming and slows down my speeds. The Rovans actually have extra debris engine shrouds that work well to keep out debris from entering your engine's fan shroud. Do some searching on the "mesh mod" and guys add window screening to the fan shroud intake openings to minimize debris entering your cooling fan passages. There's also the mesh covers you can buy that go over the recoil housing.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks