Having A few problems. Help please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daivik

Hi

Just wanted help on my FG Leopard because I am new to petrol engines.

When I accelerate full throttle, the car seems to sway one side all the time. The steering is aligned properly and also

sometimes the car feels like that throttle response is quite bad, when I can see the servo arm pushing back. Sometimes, it is like i have to hold the throttle 3/4 of the way down before the thing goes anywhere, and then it will rip the ground out with acceleration, and then sway, so I will have to slow down????

Is this a tuning problem??
Or is that the way they are??

Or is it because the engine has been unused for about 4 years and has only just gone through one litre.

From the sound of it, it seems to be a linkage and servo throw problem.
On your steering, you might be mechanically correct, but there might be some trim on your TX that is making it go to the right a little.

The throttle is more than likely an issue with your linkages.

First, check how far your carb will open and close with your fingers and then see if it does the same with the servo. If it doesn't you will have to adjust your linkage or even your trim on your TX.

Chris

From the sound of it, it seems to be a linkage and servo throw problem.
On your steering, you might be mechanically correct, but there might be some trim on your TX that is making it go to the right a little.

The throttle is more than likely an issue with your linkages.

First, check how far your carb will open and close with your fingers and then see if it does the same with the servo. If it doesn't you will have to adjust your linkage or even your trim on your TX.

Chris

Thanks, but how do i get to open the carb up so i can open it with my finger, it has the box thing on it and it looks all sealed off??

As he said, check the linkage.
At the side of the carb is the throttle arm; back is closed, 90 degrees 'forward' is fully open.
You can disconnect the linkage from the throttle/brake servo and GENTLY see if the carb opens and closes fully - may even remove the linkage bar from the carb. One finger can easily open it fully and it should spring back to closed.
Keep a close reference of the 'zero' point / throttle closed, switch ON your transmitter and receiver, then replace the linkage using NO throttle input, where the throttle should be in the closed position.
Now see how far it opens and how it closes again.
Alan.

As he said, check the linkage.
At the side of the carb is the throttle arm; back is closed, 90 degrees 'forward' is fully open.
You can disconnect the linkage from the throttle/brake servo and GENTLY see if the carb opens and closes fully - may even remove the linkage bar from the carb. One finger can easily open it fully and it should spring back to closed.
Keep a close reference of the 'zero' point / throttle closed, switch ON your transmitter and receiver, then replace the linkage using NO throttle input, where the throttle should be in the closed position.
Now see how far it opens and how it closes again.
Alan.

thanks alan. i understand now. will do that.

this could be down to torque steer
does it do it when you feed the power in gently or only when you hit it full throttle?

it does when I immediatley go full throttle. But I have it sorten now. Much more responsive and it was also to do with the fact that you just need MORE space with a 5th scale compared to 8th scales.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks