head swop.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27.2 obr

well guys, after some thought, i went for the 27.2 OBR head kit, gonna ditch the bottle,strip down for a good clean,check my bearins, an giv the car a bit of a service while waiting for it to arrive...be good to get this bit of extra power on it:):) been looking for the hp.. but cant find much info, heard loads of good comments on it, and was wondring if am about right thinking it will have around 5hp........???????????

I don't think you will have 5hp. Is it a ported kit? Has it been modified to run a 2mm stroker?
If its ported and has been modded to run with a 2mm stroker then 4+ is good. If its just a non ported 2mm stroker you will be around 3-4hp. Its a significant difference from what I have seen on mine.

Then again most numbers out there may be without a pipe so maybe it will be around 5 with a good tuned pipe?

I don't think you will have 5hp. Is it a ported kit? Has it been modified to run a 2mm stroker?
If its ported and has been modded to run with a 2mm stroker then 4+ is good. If its just a non ported 2mm stroker you will be around 3-4hp. Its a significant difference from what I have seen on mine.

Then again most numbers out there may be without a pipe so maybe it will be around 5 with a good tuned pipe?
its this 1 ive ordered..http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...ntrolled_JN&hash=item43a51b91d5#ht_1244wt_698.

i am keeping my bottom end and crank,crank is standard, but i do have a rn pipe,,,it does say race tuned...so im hoping it will kick...

so do i mate,,,,,its the only thing that lets your car down mate is the lack of power,,,,lets just hope it rips it up from now on,,,,plus im getting a bit bored of flying past you all the time i need the challenge,,,,my fingers are crossed for you bud

think it should be more then 3/4 bhp, as my standard 29cc is 3.5 bhp (not including my jetpro,kn):

proof is in the pudding they say,,,,its all to easy saying its got this much power but unless its been on a dyno with carb and pipe youre using its all a guess,,,,but i do know one thing ive got more than enough for what i use the bug for

well the head kit is here crew.......gonna get a coulple of pics up of the inside...(when i find the f*****g wire to the phone). me being as stupid as a am opened the package when it arrived, an dropped it straight on the garage (concrete) floor (ouch!!!) yeah bent the fins and grazed it a little...what a prick ha.

Been sorting my car out.....give it a good clean and lube an lookd at my fuel lines..but seemed to be binding abit.... renbar noticed the gears were a bit tight..so we sorted that...gonna get the new head on now....

Last edited:
Been sorting my car out.....give it a good clean and lube an lookd at my fuel lines..but seemed to be binding abit.... renbar noticed the gears were a bit tight..so we sorted that...gonna get the new head on now....

about time mate how long you had the headkit now mcd's gearing is sorted now nice find hopefully it will free it up a bit and help the new head work to its full but im still going to give you a good run for your money mate lol

we went out today to give wagon's new head kit a try and gentle 1/2 tank of fuel his cars now how it should be needs the gears changing up a bit we think its running monster truck gearing so next time out hes going back to the rr gears

i also had mine out today as normal ran great no problems only a tweek here and there needed,,,before withs wagons old engine it was no contest fg bug quickest everytime with his new headkit theres nowt in between them and when he changes his gears and its fully run in i think the bugs in trouble

it is alot better even not fully run in it wanted to move easy before it was held back by friction where the gears were a bit tight but we sorted that now with the oneil's its the car it should be wagon seemed to enjoy himself getting it drifting out the corners we had a couple of little drag races and they seemed pretty evenly matched his 4wd helped him but once mine grips its gone

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks