Helis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just picked up an mcx2 last weekend. its fun, picking it up quite quickly, although im kinda wishing i bought an msr. i don't have a lot of indoor space so i try flying it outside, it does ok but the slightest breeze throws it way off. i hear the msr is better outdoors. i eventually want to move up to something like the sr. i just don't want to get anything too big that i have to go fly at a flying club.

i just picked up an mcx2 last weekend. its fun, picking it up quite quickly, although im kinda wishing i bought an msr. i don't have a lot of indoor space so i try flying it outside, it does ok but the slightest breeze throws it way off. i hear the msr is better outdoors. i eventually want to move up to something like the sr. i just don't want to get anything too big that i have to go fly at a flying club.

Sharkey, believe me the MSR is not an outdoor copter neither really is the new larger version of the MSR unless the weather is super calm.

I got myself an E-Flite mSR last week and am loving it. This little fella takes one heck of a beating but keeps going (only cracked the undercarriage so far). I can now hover in any orientation, but need a bit more space to start practicing transitioning to forward flight at a good speed and cornering.

Though I'd like a bigger heli for outdoor use, I don't think it would get much use since the weather here is never that great

since i last posted here ive gotten a blade 120sr. its a heck of a heli, takes a beating just like my mcx2. its a little big to fly in my house, however my shop where i work its right at home (when the bays are empty). i do fly it outside and it does alright, however you need to have a calm day. it'll handle a bit of wind however you need to be a good pilot (something im not) to deal with it.

HERE YOU GO VOO

this was a couple of summers back im self tought and hand on heart never ditched one in

these are my trex 450 and raptor 30

i did an over haul on the raptor and turned it into a REDBULL RAPTOR with as much carbon as i could get for it

Last edited by a moderator:
well im back down to just my mcx2. went out flying when it was calm wind, ended up with a slight breeze and after fighting it the end result was my 120sr nose first into the ground. gonna be around $115 in parts to fix it, at that price it would be better to just buy a new one. not really wanting to spend that sort of cash on something im not having much luck flying, i think im just gonna sell the batteries, charger and the dx6i i just bought and call it quites with helis. i know crashes happen, ive been having trouble with this heli since i got it, hadn't had a day of flying that didnt end in a trip to the hobby shop. id always wanted to fly rc helis but now that i am im not having much fun.

guess i should stick with stuff that runs on land.

just a quick note,

don't fly your heli near an LCD flatscreen TV or monitor!

if you touch it with the blades you'l make a right mess of the anti-glare layer on the TV, piss your landlord off something awful and get a right ear bending!

But there is a solution. Clean the screen to remove all dust, then carefully polish all scratches with a dry microfibre cloth in a circular motion using light pressure. It'll take at least 60 seconds of constant polishing per scratch, and make your arm ache but it'll work a treat.

Then buy your landlord a beer and all will be forgotten.....

i am still trying to aquire a heli but not able to. i am very picky and i want to purchase new so i can build. problem is i have to keep spending money on my baja fixing it so i have to keep putting off a heli purchase.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks