Help a 1st timer get started on gas RCs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard alot of people going on about these kill switches but I cannot justify the price.I put something on the forum a while back but cant find it so here is a circuit diagram of a simple kill switch you can make for about 50p! If you want a remote its a little bit more complex but if you have a basic understanding of electronics you'll find it simple.
Oh,forgive the drawing,I cant use paint)
J.

mate i was like you untill mine took off on full throttle and didn't stop till i heard the thump, when i found it after followin the engine scream :clown: there wasn't much left of it bud. after a near full rebuild of over £200 i can totally justify the £30 for the kill switch now :clown::clown::clown:

Okay, I am one step closer to the FG. I have forwarded the payment today. The whole deal is about 4000 EUR. Kill switch is included and I hope it will protect the investment :)
I am really looking forward to this car; I think I've been watching all FG Baja videos on youtube.
The car is configured as follows (as ordered):

FG Baja Buggy Competition 4WD
- Mecatech Twin Piston hydraulic brakes
- mf-Raceline EVO G260CS engine
Outerwear protection for pullstarter
Twin Air protection for the air filter (stock air filter)
Shock Sox Neon orange protection on shocks
2 x Multiplex Rhino digi 4 servos with Aluminum arms on steering
2 x ACE DS1015 servos on throttle/brakes
I have ordered 2 of THESE battery packs and I hope they fit (one at a time, of course)
Kill switch
Receiver cable FG/Futaba and Y cable for the steering servos
Rear wing
Spark plug protection
Futaba 4PK / R604FS transmitter/receiver

It's going to be a loooong week until it arrives :(

Last edited:
looking good there.............if only i had the cash:clown::clown:

just a couple things .....on your kill switch does it have a remote LED:)

and why did you not go for the later G270 ...4 bolt head

looking good there.............if only i had the cash:clown::clown:

just a couple things .....on your kill switch does it have a remote LED:)

and why did you not go for the later G270 ...4 bolt head

No, I don't think the kill switch has a remote led. What's that for? It's a remote kill switch that can stop the engine remotely or if the battery depletes.
I believe the mf-Raceline EVO G260CS engine is better than a stock G270; it's basically a G260 4 bolt head with modified crankcase, raised compression, ported, light piston, etc.

4 bolt modified engines don't hold a candle to the modified 2 bolt engines. Thats what I was told by a few engine builders in the UK and thats what I seen with my own eyes also.

No, I don't think the kill switch has a remote led. What's that for? It's a remote kill switch that can stop the engine remotely or if the battery depletes.
I believe the mf-Raceline EVO G260CS engine is better than a stock G270; it's basically a G260 4 bolt head with modified crankcase, raised compression, ported, light piston, etc.

the remote LED is for when you forget to turn your 3rd channel switch back

to run :clown:.......look at this on uk ebay 150389841841:)

ahhhh the engine it must be the heli version:2guns: i did not realise that

good choice then

Romania and our banks are... well, bananas. Transfer made 2 days ago, it was processed only today. I hate delays. I was one step away from taking my money out of the bank and travelling 2000km to Germany to pay and pick up the car myself.
A small trip to Amsterdam wouldn't hurt either... well, it's off now since the transfer was processed, finally.

Trebor, that kill switch looks nice. I will consider it if the one I got doesn't help me; but it will help me as it also sais it has diagnostic LED. I believe that's what they mean.
The only problems that can arise from my kill switch and any other is interference with the engine.

What 2T oil should I use with the Baja? I like IPone Racing Samourai. Is it good?
Can someone point me to some better shocks and clutch for the FG Baja?
How about a better pipe?

Car is completed and was sent my way. Hopefully, it will arrive this week and I will get to play with it during the weekend.
Did you know that the new FG Baja Buggy Competition kits come with a plastic servo saver? I asked directly at FG Modellsport about it, thinking it was an error and they got back to me saying:
"Hello,
Yes it's true: the plastic servo saver is the new revision, it turned out to be the better solution because the alloy servo saver really needed frequent O-ring changes.
Best regards,
Ralf Wirth"

fw3ztz.jpg
wjjbzd.jpg
dln8kh.jpg
20tl15x.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks