Help! Baja 5b ss running rough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent1972Indy

This is my friends stock baja ss 26cc that is only halfway thru it's second tank of gas. We are running 25:1 hpi oil. Needles are 1.5 H and 1.25 L. We experienced the problem after running in a grass field and I am not sure but think it overheated due to excessive grass around the pullstart (w/outerwear). It dies at idle,the top end is horrible and it sputters under load. I have changed the gas and spark plug. Hopefully someone can tell me what it sounds like the problem is by watching this very bad video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG5ymaHvU8I

Did you check the bolts on the exhaust and the carb? Make sure they are nice and tight. I run in the grass all the time and have never experienced any problem with my HPI or FG. I run outerwear on both my pullstarter and intake for both cars. Grass does build up around the pullstarter, but never had a problem with overheating and I live in Texas so it gets really hot around here.

ya sounded like it was just a tad fat on the needles. just remember if you lean your low, you ll want to likly richen the high needle as the low needle controls ALL fuel flow thru the carb, and the H just Adds to the Low end for the top rpms from 1/3rdish throatle and up.

tune the low, then the H to suit. hersey bar brown for safe, carmel brown for performance tuning for plug color.

Sluggish

Hi all as you were on the second tank of fuel and things were getting looser (normal engine break in) then the mixture can be incorrect,I had it with mine i live in Tenerife and at the mo average temp 98 not over hot like Texas but warm enough,i run 25/1 as well now.As like car engines which always adjust themselves we are the on board computer to do the adjusting unless you were really unlucky and burnt the ring out or scorched bore.Only last comment is did grass get in anywhere ? exhaust,carb,filter but by reading this i think you cracked it it sounded bogged down.hope it helped:2guns:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks