Help! Baja 5B SS won't start!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddy~O~

My Baja 5b won't start. I have changed out the following with new:

Gas Tank
Coil
Carb
Piston Ring
Spark Plug

The only thing I can say is that during all the changing of parts the only time I got it running was after I changed the piston ring, but it ran horrible, before I could do any fine tuning it died and now it won't start again. I have checked the case for leaks or cracks and everything looks fine. I have alittle over 90lbs of compression. Everything is all stock parts. I haven't upgraded since I can't seem to get the stock parts to run. I also have a stock Baja 5b and I have never had any problems with it so I don't understand how the 2 of them can be so different. Anyone have any suggestion on what I should try next?

Fuel lines in the right order?
Did you just replace the ring or remove the piston too?
What type of spark are you getting when you pull it over?
Is the kill switch stuck in?
Did you space the coil a business card away from the rotor?
Does it flood out from trying to start it?
Your choke off?

If all is ok then sounds like you may just be flooding it and the only time it was dried out good was with the ring change. If the spark is wet its flooded and you need to remove the plug pick it up flip it upside down and pull it about 10-20 times with the throttle wide open. This will allow air to move the fuel in the lower end out and allow it to dry a bit.

My Baja 5b won't start. I have changed out the following with new:

Gas Tank
Coil
Carb
Piston Ring
Spark Plug

The only thing I can say is that during all the changing of parts the only time I got it running was after I changed the piston ring, but it ran horrible, before I could do any fine tuning it died and now it won't start again. I have checked the case for leaks or cracks and everything looks fine. I have alittle over 90lbs of compression. Everything is all stock parts. I haven't upgraded since I can't seem to get the stock parts to run. I also have a stock Baja 5b and I have never had any problems with it so I don't understand how the 2 of them can be so different. Anyone have any suggestion on what I should try next?

Daddy O Post this in the engine thread here

www.hpibajaforum.com

Alot more traffic over there:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks