Help choosing a big bore engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get a tr or Taylor quickdiff, as long as you have the alloy diff, the hpi stuff will handle the 46gt. They can usually handle anything 50 and below.

Certainly never hurts though to upgrade if you can to the blackbone setup
I use King Motor aluminium gearbox + Modified RC Chassis plate . I asked Mike if I could use it . Mike said that it should fit without grinding . so I don't know if that's true or if I'll have to use a dremel ))

I use King Motor aluminium gearbox + Modified RC Chassis plate . I asked Mike if I could use it . Mike said that it should fit without grinding . so I don't know if that's true or if I'll have to use a dremel ))

Km trans case will be perfectly fine, if your using a km diff it will fit, but as far as strength not likely to hold up. You can get the regular kraken spider gears and be good, I have those in my 96 baja so far no issues on 6 tanks.

The km trans cases generally don't fit other diffs well from my experience.

Km trans case will be perfectly fine, if your using a km diff it will fit, but as far as strength not likely to hold up. You can get the regular kraken spider gears and be good, I have those in my 96 baja so far no issues on 6 tanks.

The km trans cases generally don't fit other diffs well from my experience.
only diff case is KM. everything inside is original hpi. just the bearings, completely cheap noname )) .. so should the diff withstand a few tanks? because for now I will probably only buy a blackbone trans. gears on stock hpi diff (for now)
sorry trans case is km .. all inside Hpi
... I would also like to add that I haven't changed the parts of the differential since 2018, when I bought my Baja 😁.. I already had 4 smallbore engines there. But the big bore has 3 times more power , so I expect it to fall apart 😁🤔🤧

Last edited:
hi . I'm waiting for my engine and rollcage in a few days, but one thing occurred to me now. sx5 + bonehead wheelie bar ..it will be necessary to modify the cage in rear, because of the wheelie bar, right? I didn't think of this right away. I could have bought a bebop rc wheelie bar instead . how did you do it who uses sx5 + bonehead wheelie bar ? is no other option than cut into the new rollcage? thx

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks