HELP!!,,I can’t get it started again!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBOOY

Hey,,,,,I have the 30.5 Baja that has been sitting for a wile..After i got it (new)..I ran about a half tank thru it and added a few extras including a killer B and a new spark plug before it sat for months..Now i can’t get it started..I’am thinking it’s the coil,,the fuel,,or the carb or maybe all of the above.....Any ideas??:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

ps::i made sure the batteries are charged up and i’m now using the rotostart after the pull start broke.

Well start simple first, is the green light on your killer bee lit? does it have spark? reset carb to factory defaults, is it getting fuel in the plug, are you choking it? Just a few things to check before we go any further.

Yup, is your kill switch installed right. Did you flood it. You may have a fouled plug so use a new one. Set your carb back to factory specs. Maybe the gas is bad. Check for leaks and loose bolts on the engine like the bolts for the exhaust, carb manifold and carb, and don't forget the cylinder head bolts or coil bolts as well. If you rolled or crashed before you put it away any of these bolts could of come loose. Even the vibration of the engine when running can loosen a bolt sometimes. Also make sure the spark plug is snugg.

bet the kill switch is prob if hes not gettin spark, pull the plug, pop the plug wire on hold base of plug to metal on engine and rotate the engine with ps or roto, look for spark. mine sat for 6 months, and i only needed to charge rx batt, cuz KB will NOT let engine run if charge is to low. but mine fired right up after charging.

got spark got fuel it should go

That’s what i was thinking..I just don’t know the correct way on checking for both fuel and spark...Can you point me in the right direction before i start buying parts i don’t need??..And should i take the carb off and clean it out??..Since it’s been sitting for so long..If so??,,with what??

That’s what i was thinking..I just don’t know the correct way on checking for both fuel and spark...Can you point me in the right direction before i start buying parts i don’t need??..And should i take the carb off and clean it out??..Since it’s been sitting for so long..If so??,,with what??

prime the engine well, try starting it if no go pull the plug and see if it's wet or damp, you should be smellng a strong fuel smell also,

pull the plug,and plug into the coil wire,place it against the exhaust or anything groundeed and pull the pull starter a few times to see if you get a spark,

now the other question is did you have any old fuel in the tank? you check the tank filter? make sure its not gummed up,also check to make sure the tank is not all gummed from any old fuel was in there.

first thing : If it has a killer bee disconnect it then remove the spark plug leaving it connected to the coil, touch the motor with the plug, pull start it a few times checking for spark if it has spark this means the killer bee was at fault

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks