Help - Jetpro EV03 install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usedeqeric

I installed the Jetpro exhaust on my FS monster truck and it flies. The problem I have is the left side bolt can only be hand tightened. I used some locktite but it is still loose and wobbles a bit when running. All of my wrenches are too wide or long to get in there to cinch it down. I even tried using a needle nose pliers to tighten but it slips. Any ideas ? I need help figuring out how to tighten this bolt so I stop losing the back pressure when running. Thanks - enclosed is a pic to show the tight fit.

Attachments

• fstruckpics2.jpg
    fstruckpics2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 11
Yep, that one screw is a absolute B-I-T-C-#. You ewill have to sacrafice a allen wrench cut off all but 1/2 inch. Good luck. Installing that pipe has got to be one of the most stresfull things I have ever done 1/5 scale wise.

tight fit

Thanks - I cut the the allen key and got it cinched down. I appreciate the help. I even went to the Menards for a specialty tool and received no assistance. Jetpro should mention or include the cut allen key for the install. They charge a fortune for the exhaust pipe - a small cut allen key costs them nothing in bulk.

Thanks - I cut the the allen key and got it cinched down. I appreciate the help. I even went to the Menards for a specialty tool and received no assistance. Jetpro should mention or include the cut allen key for the install. They charge a fortune for the exhaust pipe - a small cut allen key costs them nothing in bulk.
It is a bugger, but performance is awsome. It is too bad anything you need to do on it requires removal of the pipe, it would be nice if there was a coupling point somwhere there.

most pipes and some parts of the rc cars you need to make your own shortened allan keys, it comes with the hobby, you must liek to make and fiddle with stuff in the rc hobby, but i hear you for the price we pay for the pipes they shpuld fit and they sould come with mounting tools

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks