Help me choose a Tx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off-road?... Last I tried it I was running my Marder on asphalt, just kept blowing past the turns especially if I was racing someone into the turn. I suppose I could have spent more time playing with adjustments. Either way worth it to give a try.

Hey @DougStar, what kind of brakes you running on the MCD?
On road, and off road. On road was nearly un drivable without it. Off road it didn't seem to hurt stopping. Likely your rate of application was set way too low. If its set right it's stops in basically the same difference, the biggest benefit it it allows steering instead of skidding. This is not to say you can't use it to start a controlled skid if need be. I do wish there was an assignable "hand brake" button for this type of use, where you want the brakes to lock up.

On road, and off road. On road was nearly un drivable without it. Off road it didn't seem to hurt stopping. Likely your rate of application was set way too low. If its set right it's stops in basically the same difference, the biggest benefit it it allows steering instead of skidding. This is not to say you can't use it to start a controlled skid if need be. I do wish there was an assignable "hand brake" button for this type of use, where you want the brakes to lock up.
You could do it with the Bonesteer setup because you have a dedicated servo for the rear brakes.

Just a got a new 5ive T2.0 , pretty excited.
I’m stuck between DX5 pro and Rugged. Is there much difference? Based on specs, the rugged doesn’t have ABS which I won’t be using anyway. Can you guys think of a scenario that I’d need the Pro version ? TBH not sure what are the advantages of the pro version.
Thanks
I have the 5 pro...it’s been a great radio and I like the feel of it also. If you only bash you certainly do not need the pro though.

I've been using Futaba for 30 years now. Had a couple spektrums but didn't care much for them
Had a 4pk and upgraded to the 7pxr and its an awesome radio
still have a 4pls that I use for smaller scale cars and it's a really good radio too
Can't go wrong with Futaba!

Just a got a new 5ive T2.0 , pretty excited.
I’m stuck between DX5 pro and Rugged. Is there much difference? Based on specs, the rugged doesn’t have ABS which I won’t be using anyway. Can you guys think of a scenario that I’d need the Pro version ? TBH not sure what are the advantages of the pro version.
Thanks
I have the DX5 pro its great with telemetry with temperature sensor and rx battery voltage.
I'm not a fan of spektrum but is lot cheaper then futaba RX and telemetry.
Make sure you turn off all avc an abs .

On road was nearly un drivable without it.
U sure ur savage was set up right? Are we talking nitro or brushless? I mean of course it wasn’t set up for on road but I used to drive mine on the street and took it to a large onroad feild for a day on once and mine ran fine. It would obviously traction roll n stuff as I never bought onroad tires but still as long I was controlled on the brakes it was fine and I could even somewhat control an endo. But the savage is an off-road machine so…

U sure ur savage was set up right? Are we talking nitro or brushless? I mean of course it wasn’t set up for on road but I used to drive mine on the street and took it to a large onroad feild for a day on once and mine ran fine. It would obviously traction roll n stuff as I never bought onroad tires but still as long I was controlled on the brakes it was fine and I could even somewhat control an endo. But the savage is an off-road machine so…
Yes I'm quite sure I know how to set up brakes jr. The brushless conversion was a few years ago, nitro at the time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks