Help. New DBXL 2.0 owner first gas truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

So we have already had a whole disastrous career in basically one tank of gas.

We had some nice easy breaking in runs to lull us into a false sense of security then a full throttle runaway.

It was fiddlesticking insane. This 30 pound missile with explosive hydrocarbons on board doing 50 or 60 miles with zero control.

We are so lucky we weren't at our usual parking lots or streets but opted to go to green space and we never hit anyone because holy sweet christ a 60mph 25lb weapon would cripple someone. We hit trees, buildings, trees and eventually a fence where it stopped and I could kill the motor.

I think the DX3 lost connection and neutral on the throttle/brake servo was actually throttle on.

We popped the sway bars, broke a front shock end, mangled the front bumper and the chassis has a 1/8" wow to it front to back. The flex broke the centre diff cover.

It was a powerful lesson. We are now a - tier electric mechanics and pilots but a 1/5th 32cc gas car was obviously too much for us to enjoy responsibly. It's not a toy. We are fiddlesticking lucky we never hurt anyone.

It is our fault for not being one hundred percent about the electronics before firing that motor.

We have since replaced the spektrum rx with a Futaba r314 and set a failsafe to brake when signal is lost. We should have replaced the rx first thing.

Our fault. We're stupid and thank goodness for the god that looks out for dumbasses like us.
We recentred the throttle servo horn, had to jerry rig a tie rod end and make a bushing since the pivot ball wouldn't fit the rod end while we source OEM parts and got out running hours later.

Then we lost power to the rear diff. Was just a loose grub screw on a universal joint to the rear drive shaft. Loctited that.

We're calling it taco 1.0 on account of the chassis bend but nothing is binding. We're fiddlesticking idiots. Gonna keep running breaking poop I guess

Last edited:
So why do you need help? Or are you trolling as nothing you said makes sense?
The story was we had a runaway. Any other DBXL 2.0 owners out there with some advice for noob dumbasses like us?
I mean I hate spektrum rx/tx generally. They seem to have reliability issues and have caused other runaways at least two really memorable ones with our electric trucks (1/10 scale things)

Yeah. It was super fiddlesticking bad. No we don't have a kill switch but at least now we have a failsafe rx.

First gas truck and we went big. I mean we're pushing 100mph on 6S with our Limitless and bash all kinds but the upgrade to 1/5th and gas power is a big change. I mean just the 32cc gas 2 stroke has more fiddlesticking parts than an entire 1/7 electric car.
Ok, so sorry my dude. I know that this and arrma forum are moderated by Woodie and have this feature so I just talk normal and trust the filter
I am just happy I found the arrmaforum.com equivalent for big surface rc. You can keep gatekeeping if you like.

Last edited:
First gas truck and we went big. I mean we're pushing 100mph on 6S with our Limitless and bash all kinds but the upgrade to 1/5th and gas power is a big change. I mean just the 32cc gas 2 stroke has more fiddlesticking parts than an entire 1/7 electric car.
Ok, so sorry my dude. I know that this and arrma forum are moderated by Woodie and have this feature so I just talk normal and trust the filter
I am just happy I found the arrmaforum.com equivalent for big surface rc. You can keep gatekeeping if you like.
this forums moderated by @Rep732 mate, as well as woodie,
the forums open to anyone 14 years old and above if i remember right, so language is enforced, even if it is auto corrected by the filter,
just needs a little care when posting thats all (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks