Help on Coil AGAIN :@

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X2Boss

I've got engine problerms. Engine will not start however kill switch is okay (Normally Open) push in and closes killing engine.... However I'm getting continuity between the live (red) and neutral (black) through the coil?

This is inversely not correct but this is the 2nd could only on my 4th tank of fuel, I have a switch blade fail safe could this be causing the coil to go?
Also getting countinuity between live (Red) and neutral (Black) on switch blade kill switch is this correct?

Have tested everything sepratley ... Also getting a good spark but not kicking in as its grounded (countinuity between conductors) ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Kieran

Do not know anything about the that fail safe. Not sure I understand you as you say you have good spark so not sure what the problem is. You can disconnect the fail safe and kill switch and try to start and see if this works. To cut engine off with out kill switch just cut the choke on.

Are you sure spark is the problem as you say you have good spark.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, yes I understand the basic principles of the kill swith. The problerm again was the coil as when she stared the spark wasn't ccontinuous (tried resetting gap no luck) so replaced coil again solved problerm

As you may see from other post I'm an electrical engineer with electronic degrees so this is all basic stuff with regards to electrical/electronics.

Simple maths is I've been very unlucky with coils as people's stressed how very often they don't brake hence why I asked if the switch blade could be causing an incorrect surge of current when engine was running burning out and shorting coil.

I do understand what may appear to be a good spark when out the engine could be a lot better then when in the engine ... For example the compression blowing out the spark, however this wasn't the case.

Oh and as for the spelling just purchased the 6+ and have to use safari as there's no app and auto correction dose not come up for me so it didn't come to my attention, I will start proof reading to ensure spellings better.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks