help please engine tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon67

I am a bit worried about my low end needle and was wondering if any one could tell me how many quarters their low end needle is out.
My engine is a 29cc fuelie.
I just don't want to damage a new engine, it runs great and is just run in.
It has been used once after run in with some full throttle, but if i turn the low end needle any further back the car wont keep a continuous idle.
I've tried to turn it back and compensate with the idle screw, but the idle screw hasent got enough compensation, if you get my drifft.
My low end screw is at ten past and if i turn it fully in, it goes just between 2/3 and 3/4 to ten too.
I hope i'm making sence and sorry for any bad spelling.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Simon, I've no experience with a 29 Fuelie, but generally when in doubt, go to the factory settings which are roughly 1.25 out from closed, both LOW and HIGH - check out other threads for details.

This won't make much difference as every carb and engine is very slightly different.

CAREFULLY close in the screws - screw clockwise - until JUST closed - be very careful as too much force will damage the carb.

Use this as a reference point and carefully count the turns out.

After this you should always be close - they're all very close to the same no matter which relatively standard engine it is.

After this, search the forum for tuning threads - there are some good ones.
After you run it for a while, simply take a look at the spark plug colour.

Have fun!!
Al.

Hi Simon, I've no experience with a 29 Fuelie, but generally when in doubt, go to the factory settings which are roughly 1.25 out from closed, both LOW and HIGH - check out other threads for details.

This won't make much difference as every carb and engine is very slightly different.

CAREFULLY close in the screws - screw clockwise - until JUST closed - be very careful as too much force will damage the carb.

Use this as a reference point and carefully count the turns out.

After this you should always be close - they're all very close to the same no matter which relatively standard engine it is.

After this, search the forum for tuning threads - there are some good ones.
After you run it for a while, simply take a look at the spark plug colour.

Have fun!!
Al.
Cheers pal
Tell me, where abouts in st. helens are you from, ime originaly from sutton manor, do you ever go to sherdley park.

any one got any low end settings ona 29 cc motor, like what their motor is set at, just to see if ours is very lean. thanks

I'm a Scouser of origin, but am currently living 'on the Shires', so within 10 minutes walking distance of the town centre!
Not so sure of blasting up and down on Sherdley - I'd be tempted to take out a couple of dogs!!

Al.

Just spent 10-15 minutes outside the house on the Shires - neighbours love it - seriously !!

I've a hydraulic brake issue which appears OK.

I never stay too long, particularly if children are around. Sometimes they're too close, for which I shut down, sometimes, they shy away, which obviously means they would have liked to have played there but that 'hooligan grown up' was blasting the dangerous monster up and down, so I stop after a while out of consideration. Give and take.

Test was a success - no bubbles anywhere.
Al.

teh low speed on a walbro carb is 1.25 out from closed while teh high speed is 1.5 turns out from closed, this as far as i know doesn't vary between engines. walbro states these settings and these are the setting on my 26cc baja and these are also the same base factory settings on all of my walbro carbed chainsaws, trimmers, edgers, etc.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks