Help please, HPI Baja 5B SS or MCD Racerunner/Monster Truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of radio and servos are you getting?
:rockon: and have fun!

Not sure, I'm thinking I'll order these:

-Radio Sanwa MX3-FHSS 2.4 GHz Tx/Rx (Which includes the receiver and power switch)
-2 x Super High Power 3700mAh Reciever Hump Pack
-HPI SF-4 Throttle Servo

But I'd like to know what do you guys think I should order? And if there is anything missing.

Last edited:
-Radio Sanwa MX3-FHSS 2.4 GHz Tx/Rx (Which includes the receiver and power switch)

Don't know anything on that.

Are you buying 2 of them? You may want to check out the DDM 4200 pack?

-HPI SF-4 Throttle Servo

I would get a different throttle/brake servo. I use the JR Z9100T but it cost a bit a $$ at $114.00US. I just bought another type of T/B servo for another model but went a bit cheaper.

Does the buggy come with the steering servo? I can't remember.:blush:

If your TX wont show you your voltage you may want to get a VoltWatch and a Y lead unless you have a spare channel to plug it into.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHDJ2&P=ML

Where from and how long does it take for parts to get to you?

Don't know anything on that.

Are you buying 2 of them? You may want to check out the DDM 4200 pack?

-HPI SF-4 Throttle Servo

I would get a different throttle/brake servo. I use the JR Z9100T but it cost a bit a $$ at $114.00US. I just bought another type of T/B servo for another model but went a bit cheaper.

Does the buggy come with the steering servo? I can't remember.:blush:

If your TX wont show you your voltage you may want to get a VoltWatch and a Y lead unless you have a spare channel to plug it into.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHDJ2&P=ML

Where from and how long does it take for parts to get to you?

Radio parts are coming from my own country, but they take a while to arrive because my local RC Shop only specializes in Small Scale RCs. I can't order many of the radio parts from the same place I'm going to order the Baja (UK) because of the different plug types.

Lots of people talking about the Futaba 3PM Fast system. Good reviews. Also you might want to get a 3 channel like it so you can run a kill switch.
Click here for kill switch
I will be getting them for 3 of the 4 models I have since my FGMT runs the brakes on the 3rd channel I'm hosed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks