Help! Rear axle problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harryc16

Hi guys! I have a problem with my FG truck and need help! The rear axel has jammed because the metal rectangle that sits behind the brakes is kmocking against the exterior side of the clutch bell housing?! I'm not sure how this happened and more to the point, how to fix it!
Please help! Many thanks, Harry.

Hi Harry, first off pal, do us all a favour and enter your location using the USER CP as it may help if you're struggling and there is someone willing to show you what to do (and close by). I'm assuming you're talking about the alloy brake square - does it look like this? http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_6042_01-6042-01-brake-square-97-1pce-.html

FYI this is the best one - http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_6042_05-6042-05-steel-brake-square-1pce-.html

It may just be that things have come adrift and need re fettling.

It's very similar to that, but it's longer and doesn't have the bit that stands proud on the edge? I'm new to petrol RC and am only 17 and have always had electric cars. I am new to this site so I havnt put in my location yet; will do it now. Thanks for getting in touch it's reassured me a little :D

try and post up some pics mate as they will help us with exactly whats wrong i know the longer part your talking about i think the older fg brakes used that one im sure its just come undone so should just need fitting back against the gear carrier just make sure the disc if fitted ok first,,id recomend getting some blue threadlock and apply a small amount to the 2.5mm grub screw thats in the brake square thats come loose retighten then leave to dry for 24 hours then go and play

Some photos would help - i don't mean holiday snaps or of your dog in front of the fire lol - maybe if you've got a tall busty blonde older sister, mother or neighbour but that would just be for personal use lol

Haha, I know the feeling... Failed IT.. I'm uploading a video to YouTube as we speak, has to be verified by YouTube to make sure it's "suitable" ...ha! Could take up to 2 hours though :(

Here's the YouTube link, it won't play the video until its been verified by YouTube team, not sure as to when that will be but they'd bloody get a shift on!
Thanks again guys I look forward to speaking again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join photo box or any of the other ones, upload a photo on there and it'll just give you a link to paste onto here.

@ Barry - less of the old, and I do go out, especially when the local girls only college is kicking out lol :party-time:

from that vid all i can think of is the square is hitting against the clutch housing where its come away from the gear plate undo the 2.5mm grub screw and slide the alloy brake square up against the gear plate and try it then once the squres pushed up against the gear plate it should clear the clutch housing and spin free

Join photo box or any of the other ones, upload a photo on there and it'll just give you a link to paste onto here.

@ Barry - less of the old, and I do go out, especially when the local girls only college is kicking out lol :party-time:

like your style mike you get older and college girls stay the same age respect do you still hang out around there with your flashers mack on im suprised you aint been locked up yet:lol::lol:

got ya then 2 choices strip it down till its free or try and find a long flat screwdriver and hit it home from the pull start side till it clears the clutch housing and then retighten the grub in correct place just be carefull not to damage owt

you could even try and remove the gear plate and the pinion on the diff side and remove the layshaft and gear plate in one

This to me is like you and computers! Gobildegoup!
And it seems to be the alloy square is already up against the first disc on the brake? So I'm not sure if it can go further... Or does it sit within the centre of the two discs?

yeah it goes through the 2 discs and sits up against the back of the gear plate if its hitting the disc's it wont move so try and lift up the disc's so it will move against the gear plate,,its one of those jobs you need extra hands for lol

no worries mate hope you sort it soon don't forget to threadlock the 2.5mm grub and let it set over night for best results should keep it from coming adrift again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks