Help with HPI diff/trans rebuild..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillin4life187

Need your help guys because I cabt figure out what is wrong. I replaced my stock HPI transmision with the Turtle Racing quick diff and just swapped everything over for the time being. Opened up the diffrrential and only thing wrong was the oil level. Added oil and reassembled everything per the manual. Or so I thought.... so problem is. After reinstallbg engine, clutch, brakes, etc. When I turn the layshaft to simulate the car driving the wheels turn. But when I apply the brakes the layshaft stops turning because of brake pressure. Yet the wheel are still able to turn. Also noticed that when turning the layshaft as if the car were driving both axle turn in opposite directions. One turns forward while the other turns backward. What am I doing wrong? Ive been at this for 2 days and I think frustration is getting the better of me.

But when I apply the brakes the layshaft stops turning because of brake pressure. Yet the wheel are still able to turn
Did you put this pin back ?....
51593.....coz if you did not the breaks will only stop the lay shaft not the wheels. If you put your car on the ground (adding resistance) what happens when you turn the lay shaft

-Doug

I broke down entire transmission this afternoon. Yes, the pin is in there correctly. Transmission and differential are 100% correct and seems to function perfectly. Im gonna reinstall and see if its still acting up.

Need your help guys because I cabt figure out what is wrong. I replaced my stock HPI transmision with the Turtle Racing quick diff and just swapped everything over for the time being. Opened up the diffrrential and only thing wrong was the oil level. Added oil and reassembled everything per the manual. Or so I thought.... so problem is. After reinstallbg engine, clutch, brakes, etc. When I turn the layshaft to simulate the car driving the wheels turn. But when I apply the brakes the layshaft stops turning because of brake pressure. Yet the wheel are still able to turn. Also noticed that when turning the layshaft as if the car were driving both axle turn in opposite directions. One turns forward while the other turns backward. What am I doing wrong? Ive been at this for 2 days and I think frustration is getting the better of me.

Sounds to me like all is good and the diff is diing its job, if you put the buggy on the floor and move it does it stop when you apply brakes? If you have it on a stand and turn one wheel by hand with the brakes on the wheels will turn in opposite directions.
From what you have said, Im sure you are trying to solve an issue that you don't have. Lol

Update: June 4th.

I finally had thr chance to go over everything and reassemble. To my surprise, yet again everything is a no go. When turning everything by hand, everything up to the layshaft turns. Breaks work but only stop the layshaft. When I turn the wheels by hand and apply the brakes nothing happens. Wheels that I do turn, go in opposite directions. (Im told this is normal even tho Ive never noticed it before.When I turn the layshaft the tires don't really move. No power to them. Same thing with brakes. Still not sure what is wrong. Ive looked over the manual and haven't noticed anything wrong. This is getting really frusrating.

Tried posting a video but wont accept .mp4 or avi video format. Ill post a video if someone knows which formats I can upload. Thanks

Update: June 4th.

I finally had thr chance to go over everything and reassemble. To my surprise, yet again everything is a no go. When turning everything by hand, everything up to the layshaft turns. Breaks work but only stop the layshaft. When I turn the wheels by hand and apply the brakes nothing happens. Wheels that I do turn, go in opposite directions. (Im told this is normal even tho Ive never noticed it before.When I turn the layshaft the tires don't really move. No power to them. Same thing with brakes. Still not sure what is wrong. Ive looked over the manual and haven't noticed anything wrong. This is getting really frusrating.
Did you forget the pin that holds the drive cup to the spider gear In the diff?
diffpin.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks