Help with my 2 speed Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

Hi, av bought this 2speed from ebay recentley for my Fg baja but its missing 1front Gear. the gear size for the back is 20t and 44t and front is 18t.

What size gear do i need so it fits the front 18t.

Thank You.

Thats the picture of the gear.

Attachments

• 2speed.jpg
    2speed.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 27
rubber inserts are 6051
What's it going on, if you're running monster tires you'll want 48/16 for 1st gear.
I'm currently running 48/16 44/20 on my baja with baja wheels...46/18 works good too but for bigger tires might be a bit slow off the line

I use 46/44 and a 50tooth gear on the diff housing. Even the 46 looks well close to the suspension arms so a 48 must be nigh on touching?

I am not sure which is the best to use now the 46 or the 48???? i did buy new metal upper arms for the gear if that helps?

Well as you already have the 18T you might as well just grab a 46 and see what you think, before changing both out :)

Bearings?

Hi All

I need bearings for my 2speed plate that hold the big gears. The size is 14/5/22 but i cant find it in my local hobby shop or on the net so can i use my old 1speed plate and fit the 2speed on?

If any body know were to get these bearings it will be very very helpfull!!!

Many thanks.

I've noticed these bearings are thinner then the layshaft bearing (I tried to use one of them instead) lol. Might be worth popping an e-mail to a few FG suppliers to see if they have a part number.

Sure it's not this one....?

Bearing

Last edited:
I would step up from the FG bearings. Make sure they are not the metal sleeve ones. I've had some issue in all models with the metal sleeve ones. There is more of a chance stuff can get in the bearing with the metal sleeve bearings.:no:

here's the 2 speed manual with all part numbers. hobbythek will have any part you need in stock.
2speed7451offroadmanualku3.jpg

Does that look like the bearing you're after in the exploded diagram, would trust those part numbers over anything. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks