Help with these sand tires..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to run a set of k,m sand paddles they work very well on dry loose sand they work well on snow aswell, if you run them on anything else the split and fall to bits, thats a very good price for 4 wheels and tyres and rovan stuff it good quality.

cheap as chips! i bought a pair of rear paddle tyres through ebay when i first got my baja, have hpi on them (whether that makes a difference or not i dunno, from what i've seen - they're the same tyre). i use them in the snow with skis on the front, they're great. i keep on meaning to get it down the beach for a blast and make a video... have a look on youtube, there's loadsa vids of baja's on the dunes having fun! the only rovan tyres i bought were a full complete set of tarmac's, very good indeed.

Cool. Thx everybody..! I have a brand new set of Hpi sand busters for my 5sc so ill beable to compare these (ebay) rovans that will go on the 5b..

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought Rovan tires would last more than half a tank.

So far I'm impressed with the looks. But I'm hoping to hit the sand pits this weekend to test them out and compare them to my brand new set of Hpi sand busters..

I'll post pics of tire sets in new and unused then run the sh*t out of both in the same driving conditions. I will then post after pics and tell u guys my thoughts.

Both Baja's was ran together with no mercy.. I ran a hole tank of gas threw both and I gotta say that the Rovan's sand busters compared to the Hpi sand buster so far are showing no signs of wear.

There's a mixture of hard packed and dry loose sand. In this pic shows the harder packed sand.
IMAG0958.jpg

Here was the dry loose sand
IMAG0950.jpg

It was to wet in this area but when the hole in the middle drys up, I'm going to go crazy on this raised curved embankment.
IMAG0951.jpg

Ready to rock & roll..
IMAG0952.jpg

Here are the Rovan's sand busters installed on my wifes Baja 5b with the stock 23cc / Jetpro pipe
IMAG0953.jpg

Here are the Hpi sand busters on my Baja Sc ss with the stock 26s / Luna pipe.
IMAG0954.jpg

Well after both tanks was sucked dry, this is what I came up with..
IMAG0955.jpg
IMAG0956.jpg
IMAG0957.jpg

Oops almost forgot the fronts.. The 5b is on the left. There's no signs of wear either.
IMAG0960.jpg

My overall thoughts threw the first tank is that both Rovan's and Hpi sand busters kick A**

They both kick the sand up very well but because of the Hpi's design, It has more of a cupped shape that shoots the sand farther along with that thumpy noise it makes when it's driving. The Rovan's doesn't make that thumpy/ paddle sand tire noise as much but overall I wouldn't hesitate buying another Rovan sand busters cause so far I like them and plus there cheap..

Btw the Hpi set has no foam inserts installed on the rear..

I hope this helps u guys that wanted a sis by side comparison. I'll keep you guys updated on the tank 2 if your interested..

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks