Help With THROTTLE SERVO!!!!!!!‎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jus0NE

Ok here's the deal. I was bashing my TT for at least 45mins at the lake front, as I was refilling my tank for a second run (which I rested for about 10mins) b4 I ran it again, I noticed smoke was comming out of the throttle servo when i turned the switch on, I pressed the throttle and it wouldn't respond? It looked like the servo got fried!? Did this ever happend to anyone one b4? Dose anyone know the situation why it did that??
I would appreciate any info on this situation. :(

Ok here's the deal. I was bashing my TT for at least 45mins at the lake front, as I was refilling my tank for a second run (which I rested for about 10mins) b4 I ran it again, I noticed smoke was comming out of the throttle servo when i turned the switch on, I pressed the throttle and it wouldn't respond? It looked like the servo got fried!? Did this ever happend to anyone one b4? Dose anyone know the situation why it did that??

Did you leave the receiver On, but have the transmitter turned Off? That will put the receiver in failsafe mode and make the servo possibly burn up after a few minutes.

@ atom3624: I never bashed it in wet conditions, it wasn't stuck anywhere that I had the throttle on the gas, the voltage on the battery is a Venom 5000mah..

@ Killer RC: I have the V2 kill switch on it, works great by the way. In order to turn the receiver off I have to disconnect it from the battery. The other times I ran it would be fine, could be the way i turn the motor off by shutting off the transmitter 1st? Which then puts the car in safe mode then I disconnect the battery to completely shut everything down. I do disconnect the battery from the electronics every time.

I appreciate feedback and trying to help out guys, hope I can figure it out some how thanks again..

Oh' one more thing, a best throttle servo I probably need to purchase one. Can you link it please thanks!

Last edited:
I've had that happen to me but w/the throttle stuck wide open .need less to say CRASH. chassis, servo, front bumper just to name a few got damage and thanks to Killer bee kill switch for shutting down the engine

@ atom3624: I never bashed it in wet conditions, it wasn't stuck anywhere that I had the throttle on the gas, the voltage on the battery is a Venom 5000mah..

@ Killer RC: I have the V2 kill switch on it, works great by the way. In order to turn the receiver off I have to disconnect it from the battery. The other times I ran it would be fine, could be the way i turn the motor off by shutting off the transmitter 1st? Which then puts the car in safe mode then I disconnect the battery to completely shut everything down. I do disconnect the battery from the electronics every time.

I appreciate feedback and trying to help out guys, hope I can figure it out some how thanks again..

Oh' one more thing, a best throttle servo I probably need to purchase one. Can you link it please thanks!

Just turning off the transmitter for a few seconds is fine, but if you leave it off for a few minutes, without turning off the receiver power, the failsafe can fry the servos. Why not install an on/off switch?

First things first was it the stock red cat servo,if it was thats the problem,the stock redcat servos are junk,i would get some better servos and try that.

servo upgrade

I run a Rampage MT Pro & the car's throttle servo was fried after just barely running 1-1/2 tank full of gas while break-in the new motor. Apparently, the Rampage's servos are not the best for this 1/5 scale monster....basically the servos in the rc's are under powered & lack the proper torque necessary according to what I've read on rc blogs on the Rampage. I've replaced the fried throttle servo with a HiTec servos with the proper torque to handle the 1/5 scale throttle demands. Fortunately, the steering servos are handling the steering demands of the Rampage.....for now. Considering the high cost & the extensive use of upgraded parts throughout the truck, you would have thought Redcat Racing would also upgrade the quality of the servos (incl. the throttle servo) in the MT Pro (Version 3) model too rather than choosing to use the same HEXFLY (#HX-9CS) throttle servo found in the MT & XT, which are less expensive models of the Rampage.

I have the hannibal exceed 32cc rc truck my throttle servo went out the first day won't do anything. Any advice what servos are better than stock my part number is sp9002 9kg . What other parts should be updated purchased in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks