Help with two issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeG4

Hey everyone

So obviously, I have a 5B. It has a 30.5 cc engine. I’ve had it since the Bajas really came out. It has more upgrades and options than one can imagine. It’s been very dependable and fun. My questions are I have the turtle racing Billet steering setup. I do like it. It works great. My question is when I turn to the right I have full max turning ability but when I turn to the left, I don’t have as much turning ability. I have obviously checked my radio and points, etc. I have a high tech high torque, quarter scale steering servo with the blue metal servo horn. It appears as though I’m just not getting enough throw when I turn left do I just need to go to a longer servo horn to get more throw? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

My second question is I have the turtle racing one piece break mount. I have an upgraded bright disk. I honestly can’t remember all the brands. It’s been such a long time. Obviously stuff is worn wearing down, etc. so therefore, my brake arm has to go further to apply the brakes. I’ve added the shims in on the break set up to move things closer together due to the wear, etc. long story short I’m trying to get a little bit better stopping power, maybe stuff is just getting worn out and needs to be replaced, but I am trying to avoid that for the time being. Yes I’ve adjusted the radio adjusted the linkages. I have a Yamaha dude linkage set up just looking for help suggestions? Ideas.

Thanks!
Hey everyone

So obviously, I have a 5B. It has a 30.5 cc engine. I’ve had it since the Bajas really came out. It has more upgrades and options than one can imagine. It’s been very dependable and fun. My questions are I have the turtle racing Billet steering setup. I do like it. It works great. My question is when I turn to the right I have full max turning ability but when I turn to the left, I don’t have as much turning ability. I have obviously checked my radio and points, etc. I have a high tech high torque, quarter scale steering servo with the blue metal servo horn. It appears as though I’m just not getting enough throw when I turn left do I just need to go to a longer servo horn to get more throw? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

My second question is I have the turtle racing one piece break mount. I have an upgraded bright disk. I honestly can’t remember all the brands. It’s been such a long time. Obviously stuff is worn wearing down, etc. so therefore, my brake arm has to go further to apply the brakes. I’ve added the shims in on the break set up to move things closer together due to the wear, etc. long story short I’m trying to get a little bit better stopping power, maybe stuff is just getting worn out and needs to be replaced, but I am trying to avoid that for the time being. Yes I’ve adjusted the radio adjusted the linkages. I have a Yamaha dude linkage set up just looking for help suggestions? Ideas.

Thanks!
Well, I might’ve already found the issue with the brake set up. I’m using the four force brake set up. I have the metal pieces. Maybe I need to buy just brake pads.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks