Hey, dc2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

It still works for me... I think maybe you were having trouble because of the new format?? Show us some vids of the MB!!! I would like to hear how it sounds... Yesterday and the day before, you were asking about carb settings... Are you having trouble?

Let us know...

Trip..

no bother trip.

i will actualy record one tomorrow just a quickie.
wont be any thing major as i am waiting on more parts this week.
i need to swap everything from my own chassis to the new one (ahhhhh)

you see before i used a 16tooth pinion on the layshaft for higher top end and needed more movement on the chassis engine set up,so drilled engine holes a little bigger to move engine.

i will run it tomorrow now when day time remember it is 10:20pm here now irish time lol

you will see and hear it in action now tomorrow.

i am not happy with my tunning at the moment trip,i cannot find a balance,don't know if i am running too lean or not.

usually with the stock G260 it was simple to tune but this ported kit is a differnt kettle of salmon )

at the standard factory settings it wont even tick over and when i start leaning then it is (seems to be too lean) i will get the hang of it trip.

thanks for asking trip...

Get a good sound clip, and I can tell you what is going on, whether it is too rich or too lean... It took me a long time to get the "Tuners Ear" but once you have it, you will never lose it.... Did you listen/watch the vid of my truck I posted today? Could you tell it was running too rich? Hee Hee It is hard to tell (especially with my crappy video/audio) but it can be heard... But, from what I have learned in this hobby (large scale) if it has a pipe and doesn't pull the front wheels, it is too lean... The throttle response shouldn't make a difference whether you are on pavement or snow... It should sound the same when you punch the throttle... An, Instant "Snap" if it doesn't, it is probably too lean!

I just hope your ported 27 is what you wanted/expected it to be...

Trip..

Last edited:
yeah trip
i have my own methods for tuning like i said i just havnt had the time to run it properly yet,check out the few vids i loaded today, bit rich but hadn't the time to be at it,running well,plenty wheelies and happy enough for now..

time will tell how it runs now for me..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks