hey guys how much would an abbate engine cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new-fg-owner

heey guys just wondering how much an abbate engine would cost finding it quite hard to find anywhere that details the price of them? id be looking at the abbate a010 i think it is i know there is an evolution and devolotion haha and one other.

be grerat to hear if anyone knows how much one of these engines would cost me thanks

wayhey jesus that is alot the cheapest is £400. Any heads up about what the differences is from the chepest and the middle of the pack one that comes in at i think it is 705 euros

blimey thats alot of money ahah

to much dollar for me mate very nice but over the top if not racing
are they really that good? ive never seen one in a buggy/truck.
you can get a good engine from £400 ish upwards, so at nearly twice that price, id expect it to fly lol. i cant find much info on them, also no videos/

are they really that good? ive never seen one in a buggy/truck.
you can get a good engine from £400 ish upwards, so at nearly twice that price, id expect it to fly lol. i cant find much info on them, also no videos/

id want more than it to fly i want it to be like the deloreon from back to the future and leave fire from the tyres

Abbate engines are supplied in the UK through the UK Genius dealer - Total racing. They're a very popular engine for on road racing in Europe and a good quarter of cars attending major meetings will have them.

Price - Don't know, I don't even know what Ian charges for an engine - the wonders of direct debit/wafer biscuits lol

Performance figures - It's difficult to determine which of the engines (let say both are 6hp) are best unless you do back to back testing. At the top level (which most of these engines are designed for) it's a lot to do with the driver and how he/she uses the engine.

I've tried a lot of engines over the years, some good, some not so good but I always go back to Oddified engines because they offer what I need/expect, some people say "I bet Ians engine is better than the ones he does for other people" I know this is not true - I gave him my spare to use at one meeting because someone crashed into his car and broke his engine. Ian was just as quick with my engine as he is with his own.

Things I demand from an engine/tuner
Reliability
Performance
Fuel economy
Good honest service & back up

I get all this from Ian @ Oddified

I wouldn't get this from MMR, DDM, ONB, TS or any other non race proven engine tuner.

Price - Don't know, I don't even know what Ian charges for an engine - the wonders of direct debit/wafer biscuits lol

Performance figures - It's difficult to determine which of the engines (let say both are 6hp) are best unless you do back to back testing. At the top level (which most of these engines are designed for) it's a lot to do with the driver and how he/she uses the engine.

I've tried a lot of engines over the years, some good, some not so good but I always go back to Oddified engines because they offer what I need/expect, some people say "I bet Ians engine is better than the ones he does for other people" I know this is not true - I gave him my spare to use at one meeting because someone crashed into his car and broke his engine. Ian was just as quick with my engine as he is with his own.

Reliability
Performance
Fuel economy

I wouldn't get this from MMR, DDM, ONB, TS or any other non race proven engine tuner.

i agree with all of this mike i own ians own engine from 2006 season and its still going strong 6 years on which was the main reason i had the new one built by ian for me not just picked off a shelf and parceled up but tuned for my needs and for max pulling power,i wont run any other engine now the advice and service i had from ian was a1 im a happy bunny

haay guys this has turned into a really interesting topic, the only reason i ask is because a few cars i've been looking at come with abbate engines so thinking add price of car and engine and then the price of car seems great, well i'm hoping to get one car which has an abbate engine so thought id get all your takes on them.

I doo aggree though Ian oddy is an amazing guy hes so so helpful i've called him twice and many emails between us and hes amazingly helpful its fantastic. with my ECU he updated it and fixed it after it went wrong with no problem.

so if i was to buy a new engine id defo go for Ian i think because as you say hes service and just him himself is soo great.

haay guys this has turned into a really interesting topic, the only reason i ask is because a few cars i've been looking at come with abbate engines so thinking add price of car and engine and then the price of car seems great, well i'm hoping to get one car which has an abbate engine so thought id get all your takes on them.

I doo aggree though Ian oddy is an amazing guy hes so so helpful i've called him twice and many emails between us and hes amazingly helpful its fantastic. with my ECU he updated it and fixed it after it went wrong with no problem.

so if i was to buy a new engine id defo go for Ian i think because as you say hes service and just him himself is soo great.
you cant go wrong with oddified.everybody who own one or has owned one ,swear by them.

Reliability
Performance
Fuel economy

thats true, my obr has power, reliability( upto now) great honest service, but the economy isnt good! it drinks fuel rapidly,very thirsty . definatly no good for racing,probably wouldnt even finish a race but good for bashing . when youve got these guys like ian field testing their engines,i guess its a no brainer for racing. id never look into the companies mentioned above if i was serious about racing.

Reliability
Performance
Fuel economy

hi guys it has been a long time , that i have not post here.

mike, i have to agree with you when it comes to ian . he is one of a kind.
nt only does engines but ( diff ecu servo breather servo horns brakes ) i could go on & on he is a genius.

renbar i love what i am seeing from you . nice one, but as you said i will olny use oddie parts. ........ted:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reliability
Performance
Fuel economy

hi guys it has been a long time , that i have not post here.

mike, i have to agree with you when it comes to ian . he is one of a kind.
nt only does engines but ( diff ecu servo breather servo horns brakes ) i could go on & on he is a genius.

renbar i love what i am seeing from you . nice one, but as you said i will only use oddie parts. ........ted:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks