Hey Guys....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I wish I could come to you guys with better things to say. But I guess I can't, "Meli" and her son Matt were involved in a car accident...

They didn't make it.

It was a truck, the driver fell asleep and pushed her (Meli) off the road and smashed her and Matt into a guard-rail... It totaled out the car.

I have been away, for the past few months, because I knew I had no reason to live...

I'm sorry it's been so long since I have reported back, but things have been very difficult.

**Edit** I had to edit some of this, it was WAY too depressing**

Last edited:
I guess I am pretty much done with the hobby... And whatnot... So I guess I have nothing to say but, "Goodbye"...

This means alot to me...

Goodbye, guys... I'm sorry...

Last edited:
Hi Trip, don't give up mate....we are all here if you need a rant.

Get your MT out, it might make things look better.

Hope to here back from you.

Sorry to here about Meli and Matt.

Brad

Sorry to hear of your loss Trip but don't be doing anything daft. Your family have already suffered 2 losses so don't be adding to that count. As super says, have a rant on here if you need to and use your family to get you through this.

As you have found out life is short, this tragedy must have brought that to mind and you now need to pick yourself up and live to the full, i'm sure Meli would slap your face for talking the way you are.
Its hard enough when you've lost loved ones, and this time off the year makes it even tougher, you never know whats around the corner, so if you take the easy option out you will never know if something good is about to happen and change your whole outlook.

Like the others say, rant/swear/curse and do whatever you need to do to get it out of your system, we will help in anyway we're able, but don't talk about BTB.

Going to have this thought now my mind.

Trip,you still have your life and I'm sure Meli and the little fella would want you to live it up.It is a great loss and we all have our hearts go out to you at this tragic time but you have to go on.
TIME IS A HEALER.
J

there is every thing to live for even as total stranger's we all know as has been said "time does heal"and there are many of us here who will listen to your rant's if it help's . i will even sit here and get drunk with you and put the world to rights i dare say there will be a few others joining in.....i am not a god fearing man i do not go to church but one passage given to me helped at a dark time in my life...

Footprints

One night I had a dream--
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
one belonged to me and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way,
but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
"I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
you should leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
"When you saw only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Hi trip mucker its bean a while since Ive been on the forum to , i do check in now and then ,but when i read this thread ,about Meli + Matt i was deeply shocked to heir of your loss ,all tho i have never met you in person i really feel your sorrow my friend ,i know what it is like to lose family and loved ones
it is hard i know, keep it together there's plenty people here that care about you.

best Lee
My thoughts go out to you in these hard times.

Trip
wazzzuup

put on those big old slippers and hassle the cable guy instead ;)

I still have the slippers... One of them has a stain where Matt dropped a grilled cheese sandwich on it...

Bravada102.jpg

As far as the cable guy, I have no idea where he went... Thanks for reminding me of the good times Pipe!

Sorry for being so melodramatic guys...

I guess I had a few too many and was feeling a bit sorry for myself, thanks for the kind words from all of you, even the guys I have never talked to.

I'm feeling a bit better for the moment, anybody have anything cool they want to tell me? I've been out of the hobby for the past 9mos or so.. So what the hell is new? Is the 4wd fg conversion any cheaper than 300 bucks?

I am doing my best to put on a happy face.

fg supply has a killer sale on the 4wd conversion right now... like 200 off

depression is a funny thing. it can really do strange things to the brain. You've hit the bottom so only way to go from here is up.

dude I still laugh everytime I think of that scenario. am right now haha

One more sad note, then I promise I am done...

My apartment caught fire and pretty much burned everything out of it. It burned down about a week after Meli's accident.

Luckily Meli thought all my "Man Stuff" looked gaudy and took up too much room, so she made me put all my stuff in the garage. ...Because of what she told me to do, most of my stuff is now still around. I put the fg's in the boat, I put the Craftsman toolbox in the garage (remember it used to be in the kitchen? See my old posts) and pretty much the only really important things that burned up were my photo albums, my 42" plasma and blu ray, my crappy bed, the kids beds, the couches and miscellaneous junk and a bunch of my clothes. And of course, all of Melissa's stuff.

It was kind of a kick to the nuts having to deal with the funerals, then just as all of that bullshit was done, to have the apartment fire was a bit much. If you know what I mean. I mean come on!

The fire was caused by my meth-addicted neighbors that were about to be evicted. I had helped that couple so many times I lost count. Between food, meds and booze they owed me at least $5,000. ...To have them burn the place down, I pretty much lost touch with reality for a few days. (I went to jail for "Felonious assault with the intent to do great bodily harm", after I beat the neighbor guy within an inch of his death) I only stopped beating in his head, because I thought about losing my daughter. My lawyer got me off. I paid a 500 dollar fine and walked...

I guess there is one hell of a silver lining to all of this, Anna Banana is still here with me and happy. (I bet you guys forgot about her huh?) She was with me because she was sick when Meli and Matt went to see her mother (the night of the accident). Anna, will be a year old in February.

I am getting so sick of catastrophes, I have lived through Katrina, 2 house fires, a tornado and the death of my Fiance and my step-son... Anything else?

I mean fiddlestick, all I want to do is be happy. I just want to drive my FG's and play in my boat in the summer, ride my snowmobiles in the winter, or maybe drive my S10 blazer/bravada in the snow... poop I don't think I'm asking for too much am I?

What's next?

I received a payout from the insurance company, after the apartment burned. I will never again buy Progressive insurance regardless what Flo says. The payment for my dead Fiancee and stepson, plus the burned apartment building came out to be enough for me to buy a foreclosed house in "The Hood" of Ypsilanti Michigan and almost enough to put Anna-Banana in private schools for the first 12 years of her education.

This is my new house.
Bravada001.jpg

In case there are any youtubers out there, I have also posted vids of my beater truck. I bought this beater to haul my boat, but I fell in love with this truck! It's all I have left, so cut me some slack. It's my 94 Oldsmobile Bravada with over 245,000 miles on it. I spent a whopping 400 bux on this gem...

Bravada138.jpg

But after I did some digging in my hard-drive, I found this video of Matt from earlier this spring, He wants to play with his new R/C truck... I have to edit it, so be kind OK? His R/C truck is a Nikko Toyota FG...

Hopefully after this situation is over, I can post up the rest of his videos. He really is fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear you are slowly getting back on track Trip after all the poop you had. Im sure Anna Banana will keep you on the straight & narrow too. Kids are great at that.

Get the FG dusted off & give it a damn good thrashing then when you broke it you can hunt down all the new gear!! It will get you back into the swing of it again. There is a load on here for you to catch up on too.

I pulled the FG out today, it fired up on the 3rd pull as always. The rear gear is spinning on the layshaft again, so I put it up and got out Mel's Mutilator.

It fired right up, but it felt weird to run it around... After a few minutes I got used to running it by myself and started to have fun with it.

This was the first time I have EVER ran it for more than five minutes w/o breaking something! This pile breaks for no reason, but hey, what can ya do?

It did feel good to get out and run the trucks though.

I learned hobby pro parts have to be the cheapest made. I still laugh about buddy driving his hp on this track. he'd pulled over to the side and a slash hit him from behind. something broke... right side arms... he walked over, picked it up just lifted off the ground slightly. looking at the broken arms. slash comes around for another lap and tags the car while he holds it, yup left side arms broken. the look on his face was priceless... I'm sure he started twitching haha

even duratrax parts are better

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks