High Speed Crash Aftermath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did run a kill switch. The kill switch was designed to cut the engine if loss of signal occurred. I also had the ability to remotely shut the engine off. In addition to the spring. I don't take chances with these models. The kill switch I used was not designed for it specifically, since gasoline powered 1/5 scalers were pretty rare back when the 5b had come out. I had spoken to a company that designed switches for rc tanks and such. I told them I wanted a switch that was normally closed, so that when it lost signal or power, it would close and short the ignition (kill switch). I tested it fully, with the car on a stand. Loss of signal, loss of battery, etc. Every single time it worked. I am just letting you know I am not some hack as you're inferring.

I did run a kill switch. The kill switch was designed to cut the engine if loss of signal occurred. I also had the ability to remotely shut the engine off. In addition to the spring. I don't take chances with these models. The kill switch I used was not designed for it specifically, since gasoline powered 1/5 scalers were pretty rare back when the 5b had come out. I had spoken to a company that designed switches for rc tanks and such. I told them I wanted a switch that was normally closed, so that when it lost signal or power, it would close and short the ignition (kill switch). I tested it fully, with the car on a stand. Loss of signal, loss of battery, etc. Every single time it worked. I am just letting you know I am not some hack as you're inferring.
Good to know, there was i guy previously on here at one time that tried to promote the use of just a failsafe and spring or rubber band return on the throttle.

I just didn’t want that being promoted, especially with a lot of newcomers to the site! These rigs present a real danger and liability if not run safely!

I'm huge on safety. I remember when I bought my Baja years ago that there was a news story of someone running a larger scale grand prix car on the street, and hit an elderly woman. Gave her a multiple compound fracture in her leg.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks