High Speed Crash Aftermath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heynow!

So....I finally got my Losi 5ive T 2.0 running with a sweet OBR engine and pipe. I was breaking it in...and the engine went into WOT mode and crashed at about 45 MPH into a concrete parking stopper (like the kind you see in every parking lot). The good news is that the front right wheel absorbed a lot of the impact. I know this because it exploded and flew into pieces. However, the frame is bent and I am sure the front end needs some parts replaced. As such, is it better to buy another car and use the old one as a parts locker? Or...how much can I "fix" the frame. The frame is about $400 by itself, and a pair of wheels/tires is about $100. I am rapidly approaching the cost of a new car with a few more broken parts. I'm open to suggestions. As an aside...WTF would cause an engine to go screaming into WOT on its own?

Pictures.
Invest in a killswitch
Yeah...funny thing about that. I have a MOD killswitch and need to install it. I was breaking in the motor and was going to put it in later. The good news is that it was in an empty parking lot and no one was around. I will never run it again without the killswitch installed. I'm still pissed off, however...

Yes, I always ran a stiffer spring, completely independent of the normal throttle spring. On my Baja 5b's (and nitro cars) I ran springs that would overcome the throttle and pull the throttle closed and apply the brakes. I also ran a fail safe. 25 pound rc car running away can seriously hurt people.

Spring returns don’t cut it! You need to run a remote kill, full stop! If a servo has enough power to overcome the spring to work and accelerate the vehicle it doesn’t do shite in the event of the servo malfunctioning! Quit being cheap or lazy and do it the right way!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks