Hints on setting up King Motor RTR 2.0 EX 30.5cc 4 BOLT Gas Alloy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy

Hey All, i just got my self a King motor 1/5 Buggy and i am having trouble getting the breaks to work.

i am presuming the failsafe needs to be setup correct for the breaks to work?

and hints or tips on this model would be great thanks.

cheers

the last thing u want is a 40 lb missile as a runaway,,, so get a killer bee superbee killswitch, they about 60 bucks,, car will die when loose signal, glitches , loss of battery power,, a must must have... as far as brakes go,, I am guessing u have a flysky gt3b radio that comes with almost all the cars,, newest have a similar based radio,, check end point adjustments for proper servo throw,,, also,, get rid of the stock servos,, they will fail from all the reviews ive seen and read,, get some hitec or savox ones,,, check shocks , replace stock oil so u know what u have,, same with differential ,, was some kind of goo in mine. check all bolts are tight.. im running a hitec 5765 for steering and a hitec 7954sh for throttle brake,, and with over 400 oz torque on a lipo,, will stop my truck with cable front brakes too, front dives and comes to a stop ,,, also,, do some research on the forum,, lots of info on here if u just look too

Last edited:
the last thing u want is a 40 lb missile as a runaway,,, so get a killer bee superbee killswitch, they about 60 bucks,, car will die when loose signal, glitches , loss of battery power,, a must must have... as far as brakes go,, I am guessing u have a flysky gt3b radio that comes with almost all the cars,, newest have a similar based radio,, check end point adjustments for proper servo throw,,, also,, get rid of the stock servos,, they will fail from all the reviews ive seen and read,, get some hitec or savox ones,,, check shocks , replace stock oil so u know what u have,, same with differential ,, was some kind of goo in mine. check all bolts are tight.. im running a hitec 5765 for steering and a hitec 7954sh for throttle brake,, and with over 400 oz torque on a lipo,, will stop my truck with cable front brakes too, front dives and comes to a stop ,,, also,, do some research on the forum,, lots of info on here if u just look too

thanks alot, yeah i have a flysky gt3, the problem i have now is when i accelerate the motor fails(konks out).
im aware of the reverse mode on the controller and have set that up but my engine still seems to fail when i accelerate. what would cause this?

ill also look into getting them new parts, thanks for the info!

I second xscrick's reply, got the KMX2, pull starter went on my3rd coil to, gaskets are shite so replace all them with decent ones and copper gasket spray! (on my 3rd tank exhaust manifold and carb came lose caused me a headache!

Also when ever something brake replace with good make parts such a losi or banja as to be honest the last a lot longer!

Oh and be prepared to change stock pull started that's shite, get a turtle v2 there amazing!

Also as for you question with regards to the throttle have you set you H and L settings on your carb? If not for back to factory settings so close all the way in (not to tight can cause damage) the H needle set to 1 1/2 turns out and the L needle 1 1/4 turns out as see how you get on. Sounds like your flooding the engine (to much fuel getting into the engine through the carb)!

If your setting are correct remove both the needs all the way out clean check for dirt or grease as that oil be stopping the needles from working!

Let me know how you get on

Thanks Kieran

I second xscrick's reply, got the KMX2, pull starter went on my3rd coil to, gaskets are shite so replace all them with decent ones and copper gasket spray! (on my 3rd tank exhaust manifold and carb came lose caused me a headache!

Also when ever something brake replace with good make parts such a losi or banja as to be honest the last a lot longer!

Oh and be prepared to change stock pull started that's shite, get a turtle v2 there amazing!

Also as for you question with regards to the throttle have you set you H and L settings on your carb? If not for back to factory settings so close all the way in (not to tight can cause damage) the H needle set to 1 1/2 turns out and the L needle 1 1/4 turns out as see how you get on. Sounds like your flooding the engine (to much fuel getting into the engine through the carb)!

If your setting are correct remove both the needs all the way out clean check for dirt or grease as that oil be stopping the needles from working!

Let me know how you get on

Thanks Kieran

cheers thanks for that iv managed to get it running ;)

hey again everyone, i have my buggy running now, but for some reason the brakes are not working. any ideas?

The brakes are crap anyway on them but first step would to to check your throttle servo.... This also dose your brakes, make sure that's working and pulling both the rings when you press the brakes..... Sometimes they can get stuck and need to move freely and same goes for servo!

Have a look at them forst if not will be something else maybe I. The center diff (as all brakes do is lock the center diff of that makes sense....

the last pics on here are of the losi version x2 4x4 , not the hpi Baja ,, no center diff on a Baja,, just so buffy not confused,,, and as far as brakes being crap,, I love mine,, I run stock king motor rear brakes and integy cable fronts on my hpi Baja 5t,, which still has a some king motor parts on ,, but is mostly hpi or aftermarket,, will stop that 30 plus pound truck on a dime,, and if push hard enough on trigger, fronts dive and locks rears , on pavement,, just need a strong servo

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks