Hip Baja. 5b. Clutch problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jones icc

I just bought a 5b. And I'm havin a lil trouble... The buggy runs and drives awesome but at idol it keeps wanting to move forward... It was fine for about 20 min or run time then started this problem any suggestions of what could b wrong thanks

I just bought a 5b. And I'm havin a lil trouble... The buggy runs and drives awesome but at idol it keeps wanting to move forward... It was fine for about 20 min or run time then started this problem any suggestions of what could b wrong thanks

Hi Jones.

Welcome to LSF.

In the User CP section you can enter your location. Please do this to help people to help you - might be somebody 'next door' who can pop down and help.

Sounds like clutch is dragging / idle speed is high.
If the clutch spring is weak, then the clutch will open, grabbing the bell - edging forwards.
If the idle speed is high - same thing - this is a centrifugally operated clutch remember.
If there's an obvious difference between COLD (just started) and HOT idle speeds, I'd look for leaks. Air leaks will lean the mixture, which will ..... increase the idle speed.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks