'historic' boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbell

Hi Guys,

I joined the forum a couple of days ago; My reason for joining is detailed on the New Member thread; Please feel free to take a look!

Ok, I guess my interest must be in the blood, because 30-odd years ago my father also had grand-plans!

The boat in the photographs is 1200mm long, 350mm wide and 350mm high, approximately, to give you some idea of scale. As far as I am aware, it has never seen water. It is 100% wood.

I also have a period engine that was purchased for this project. It is an Enya 35, and again more details and images are in the 'engine' thread.

Is there a market for older boats?

Thanking you all in advance,

Richard

phpuHwqOjAM.jpg phpvgLXilAM.jpg phpwAWeLmAM.jpg phpwHr7G1AM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very nice indeed! Alot of work goes into a project like that. Forget about the Enya 35. This boat is much better suited for a nice slow and easy electric motor setup as it was not built for speed or to even house a nitro engine. This is a nice scale kick back and relax pleasure boat. There is a market for them. You might want to check out www.intlwaters.com or other sites where there is alot more interest in scale boat projects like this. Good luck in your quest!

Yay!!!

She has a name! You seem very well versed.......
Thank-you for the information and the link, your a star!

Richard.

no mini went some time ago like my comfort now !
sea queen is a lovely model i had a Olson and rice 21cc marine petrol engine in mine they sail great with a zenoah in now !

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo! In 1960, I bought a Sea Commander, and fitted it with a 2.5cc diesel engine, a valve single channel receiver and an escapement for the rudder. It was fantastic, and eventually I swapped it for a full-size (old) car, which I then restored for when I was old enough to drive.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks