Hitec 5805 problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deephis46

Hello, I have a Hitec 5805 servo for steering. The gears are 4pl, R2104GF, cc bec, a nanotech 7,4v lipo 1000mah. First time I'm using it, it works well. Until on Sunday two days ago, I had the problem.
If I turn steering wheel slowly the servo works well but when I gave fast turn on steering wheel the servo can't move. On the throttle it works fine, I'm using a 7955 on it. I have tried using HPP-21 Hitec Programmable Servo and have the same result.
Anyone know where is the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXjX47UL74

Regards,
Tyo

Sharkey;[URL="tel:[URL="tel:152285" said:
152285[/URL]"]152285[/URL]]if you have a 6 volt battery pack try that without the bec. the bec puts out a max of 5 amps, that servo itself could draw that. hitec also recommends direct powering it.
unfortunately i don't have rx battery, so i can't try it. yes, the manual says that too, i have to power straight to the servo. but i don't know first time i'm using it, it works really fine with bec...cc bec rated max 10Amp, i think it should be fine
tizdaz;[URL="tel:[URL="tel:152289" said:
152289[/URL]"]152289[/URL]]sounds like dodgy servos dude, if under a year old then still under guarantee :)
my servo only 2 weeks old.
i just called my LHS they gave me the guarantee, maybe tomorrow i send it to them for replacement.

FYI, i have tried with DX3R and got the same:(

Thats the electronics world though. I honestly don't remember how many servos, esc's or recievers Ive had be dead right out of the box or within a very short amount of time. Hopefully you can get it replaced easy, Ive had them replace a few without any trouble. Good luck!

Before i sent it to my LHS i'm still trying what is going on but no result. Then i called them today, they said bring it here and i get free replacement:cup-1:.
Got the replacement but they don't know too what is happened with my servo.

Thanks to you all guys that had gave me enlightment and my LHS and Hitec;)

Hello, I have a Hitec 5805 servo for steering. The gears are 4pl, R2104GF, cc bec, a nanotech 7,4v lipo 1000mah. First time I'm using it, it works well. Until on Sunday two days ago, I had the problem.
If I turn steering wheel slowly the servo works well but when I gave fast turn on steering wheel the servo can't move. On the throttle it works fine, I'm using a 7955 on it. I have tried using HPP-21 Hitec Programmable Servo and have the same result.
Anyone know where is the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXjX47UL74

Regards,
Tyo
This type of servo can't use a BEC system. It runs on 6 volts direct from the receiver. If the receiver is BEC then use the supplied ""y" harness and bypass the BEC. This servo requires at least 1200 mah. I use 5000 MAh 6 volts and it works fine.

Largescalebuilder;[URL="tel:152455" said:
152455[/URL]]This type of servo can't use a BEC system. It runs on 6 volts direct from the receiver. If the receiver is BEC then use the supplied ""y" harness and bypass the BEC. This servo requires at least 1200 mah. I use 5000 MAh 6 volts and it works fine.
CC BEC rated max 10 Amps though. Maybe my BEC had failed. Actually the BEC is only just for a moment and I'm still searching for rx battery. I found smaller mah one it's about 1600mah, it looks like use for 1/8 truck. Does it capable to powering 7955 and 5805 servos?

BTW, how long did you get using a 5000 mah 6v?

Most BEC systems are on 2 channel receivers and are rated 3 amp max. The HS 805 servo needs more than that. That's why they supply a "y" harness to bypass the system. With FM and 2.4 systems there should be no problems. I run 2 HS 805 servos direct to my receivers and have hrs of runtime.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks