hitec 7954 ticks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xscrick

hey I just bought a hitec 7954 for throttle/brake and a 5765 for my steering on my km 001,,, went for the stronger t/b servo cause I am going to be running integy type 3 cable brakes on front,, question,, installed both servos to radio box,, bound to my new flysky gt3b,,, and tested before putting in car,,, hooked up to probably half or less charged stock km battery,, they both move,,, but the 7954 sits and ticks,, tick tick tick,,, and does more when u move it ,, tried two different receivers and a another radio,,, will low voltage make it do that?? i have a new charger on its way should be here Friday,,, and a killer rc 4200mah 7.4v battery,,is it voltage issue,, or is servo bad,,,,,, its brand new, and also if i apply resistance to the servo arm with my finger,, then she really starts ticking,,, simulating applyin brakes etc,,, any help would be greatful, wanna run it this weekend, would be first time since i bought it in aug,,,

ill see about posting a video,, charging a battery now,, so I know it will be fully charged,,, but it sounds like a Geiger counter,,, tick tick , stops ,, tick tick,,,,, u touch the servo horn to move it , ticks alot faster,,, never heard servo do that, , seems to work otherwise,,,, by weekend should have my lipo and charger,,, give hv test,,,,,

its brand new
hooked up to a fully charged 6v,,, still does it ,, not as bad as had with the partially charged battery,,,, still moves etc,, just ticks when u turn on the radio,,, you can just sit there and listen ,, tick tick,,,,,,,,,,, as long as radio is on

Go to 1:45 on this video.
That's normal.
As long as the servos move like they're supposed to, don't worry bout it.
Be sure to set your EPA (end Point adjustment) if your radio has that option. That keeps the servos from traveling farther than they need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks