Hitec D845 dual servo steering issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj.jafari

Just finished upgrading my stock steering to 2 x D845. I got a 3S 100C battery going to a castle creation BEC 2.0 which is programmed to 7.4V.
everything works fine if I apply gentle and slow steering inputs but if I do a few sharp left and rights, both D845, stop and slowly return to home position. after a few seconds they start working again but same issue.
is this my BEC shitting itself on high current draw? Do I need one BEC per servo ?

7.4 is 2S 🤦🏻‍♂️ is this an e powered losi or gas?
If running dual steering for gas powered you should be using a Dark soul dual servo kit at DDM
and I also suggest an inline fuse for added protection. We've seen enough 845s puff the magic smoke and melt chassis'

Last edited:
A 7.4v servo will run on 8.4v, the voltage of a fully charged 2s lipo. 7.4v is the nominal voltage, not the max voltage.
No need for a 3s lipo and bec, just run off a 2s lipo

You could be overloading your receiver, what brand is it? what are the specs?
I use Futaba which are rated at 8amps cont., 10amps peak

Also the d845's are power hungry, with a stall current of 10amps. Compared to say a Savox 0236 at only 5amps

Personally i always run a single 70-80kg servo with a push 'n pull setup :)

**edit** judging by the specs the BEC could be shitting itself, and/or the receiver

Castle BEC2.0 specs

Last edited:
No power passes through receiver, I’m powering servos direct. And there is another BEC for receiver which is set to 6V

My car has an electric starter so I need the 3S Lipo , Just did some more testing, it’s actually caused by a crappy Y lead between two servos, the cable is not big enough. I’m going to get rid of the Y lead and solder the cables directly onto each other.

I've somehow cooked 4 freaking D845's in my dual servo set up on my dbxle. The motor literally melts through the bottom and stinks something awful. Finally gave up and went back to single servo today

I went through it with a fine tooth. Car would do great one day, next bash sesh one would fry. Figured maybe it would get just enough out of sync that it would overload one. After adding yet another servo to my servo grave yard...I realized I should've just bought the pricey one in the first place

this happened to me too, need a Hitec programmer and caliper to measure up super accurately, also you need your links to be exactly same length

You do, Hitec servos out of the box have slightly different neutral positions, and that’s what’s killing servos in a dual setup.

Been setup with x2 different radios. First a spektrum dx5s , the spek 💩 the bed 😂 so I bought a futaba and setup up dual servos. All with the same servos since August 2018👍🏻IMG_20210423_150100_999.jpg
So you don't need anything but patience and a manual

Just finished upgrading my stock steering to 2 x D845. I got a 3S 100C battery going to a castle creation BEC 2.0 which is programmed to 7.4V.
everything works fine if I apply gentle and slow steering inputs but if I do a few sharp left and rights, both D845, stop and slowly return to home position. after a few seconds they start working again but same issue.
is this my BEC shitting itself on high current draw? Do I need one BEC per servo ?
Reprogram the dead zone to 5 and turn smart sense off.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks