Hitec HS-805BB Gear Set

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joksu

Hi,

I were running my MT today indoor at work with a bit too aggressive style and it slided to a pallet on the floor with a tyre hitting first in ca. 45 degrees angle. The steering wasn't responding any more, all what happened when turning the wheel was ticking noise. I opened the steering servo and two gears are missing about half of their teeth.
I started to search for a new gear set for the servo, but it seems that 805 is the only one that doesn't have metal gear set available, all the other Hitec servos have.
Is there any place that sells a metal gear set for 805? I could of course buy the plastic one but wouldn't want to be changing them after every hard hit.

im not aware of a metal gearset for the 805BB. but i recall early in the baja life. someone posted about useing the gears for the Baja 1/4 scale servo, which is actually a Futaba branded servo relabled to hpi.

but you can get a set of gears for the Tower Hobbys TS-80 servo (which is the Hitech 805BB with a different lable on it) or the CS-80 which again is the same as the 805BB but labled as a Hobbico servo.

Don't worry too much many people are using that servo with no issues in there FG's. The gears are plastic but the servo is much cheaper then the upgraded metal gear servo so you can get 2 for the same price. Although if your like me it is nice to get the better one the 1st time and keep the 805BB for a back up. (wink wink)

i think the 805 is a great bang for your buck. a lot of performance for a $35 dollar servo. granted metal gears would be nice but mine have been running strong for years now.

I ran the same 805 in a Marder/MT/MB and Leopard Race for 3 years. I broke the horn gear once during winter in a hard hit with my MB. Besides than it works very well. I think it's good to have a spare servo and spare gears for the servos you have.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks