Hitec replacements for stock km.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnston.jer

What mods need to be done to install hitec servos in my new km baja? Do I need to buy a hpi stock radio box to use these? They are pretty cheap. Would consider it if there are heavy mods needed to the km box.

a reference pic for you I am using the same servo and clamps on my KM as well they went on after drilling out the holes slightly and grinding off the nubs, they have held up to some heavy abuse..

34232[/ATTACH]"]IMG_0373.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
yah i knew you could do the drill out thing and grind nubs off deal, but for me, i went with the metal bracket over the stock plastic cuz i knew the servo was gonna be a bit more torquey than stocker. i wanted the extra strength, and other than drilling out the radio boxes front servo brace mount holes to run a larger provided bolt into the pa brace, there wasnt anything else i had to do. the clamps worked perfect, the servo mounted perfect. only issue i discovered tho, was if pa mount is placed as they say too, it puts the servo arm off to one side a lil, enough that the original geometry setup would not let steering work well on one side. fix was to flip the pa brace around opposite of what it says, wide part of pa brace on other side, with servo mounted in correctly. this put the servo arm only a miniscule amount off from original position. and then worked perfect. one other thing i will tell ya too on this servo setup, make sure after you turn everything on for first time, do not turn the steering at all, until you go in radio and set the side to side sweep less than the 100% something like 75% on each side, then work it out lil at a time till its just at full left or right turn. if you don't, it will blow the servo. i made that mistake, and blew the first one. and hitec sent me a new one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks