HobbyPro Mutilator 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris T

Hi, I have just purchased a used 1/5 Mutilator, which is not the Mutilator 6. I am having trouble finding parts for this. I believe they are near enough identical to the fg marder (made in the same factory). Where can I find parts for my Mutilator. I am also looking for body shells but cannot fid them. I can only find ones for the mutilator 6. Please help. I would also appreciate as much info and help as possible, as I am new to this hobby.:).
Also what is the difference to the mutilator and the mutilator6.
Kind Regards Chris

Hi, I have just purchased a used 1/5 Mutilator, which is not the Mutilator 6. I am having trouble finding parts for this. I believe they are near enough identical to the fg marder (made in the same factory). Where can I find parts for my Mutilator. I am also looking for body shells but cannot fid them. I can only find ones for the mutilator 6. Please help. I would also appreciate as much info and help as possible, as I am new to this hobby.:).
Kind Regards Chris

Hi Chris, best update your location as this will help those that know about your new car where best to point you when identifying which hobby shop has the parts. No point i giving you a UK hobby shop address if you live in Japan!

I know nothing about the car you have bought. All I would say is if I was new to the hobby I would have done a little research and more than likely gone for one the the Baja's whether HPI maunfactured or otherwise, as spares are very easy to come by no matter where you live.

I apologies as this does not help you but as you become accustomed to Large Scale cars you will learn what are good for bashing and racing alike but also what models are best supported in and around your location, the Baja range (B, T and SC) are all very well supported either by OEM's and the none OEM upgrade parts manufacturers.

Last edited:
Kind Regards Chris

hi mate they are similar but the chassis, roll cage, front end, diff and the clutch housing isn't the same (probably missed something), i had one a few years back (was my intro to gassers) i think rossendale models can get parts for them but they are hard to find :(

Hi Chris, best update your location as this will help those that know about your new car where best to point you when identifying which hobby shop has the parts. No point i giving you a UK hobby shop address if you live in Japan!

I know nothing about the car you have bought. All I would say is if I was new to the hobby I would have done a little research and more than likely gone for one the the Baja's whether HPI maunfactured or otherwise, as spares are very easy to come by no matter where you live.

I apologies as this does not help you but as you become accustomed to Large Scale cars you will learn what are good for bashing and racing alike but also what models are best supported in and around your location, the Baja range (B, T and SC) are all very well supported either by OEM's and the none OEM upgrade parts manufacturers.

Hi, will update my location. I live in Wrexham North Wales for the record. It terms of researching I have done lots of this. As I am new to this scale hobby I thought it best not to spend an absolute fortune on the Baja, and just go for a second hand one for the time being. I was Initially looking at the XRC2, but after much research decided on the Mutilator due to this being a better buggy, but also with it being very similar with the Fg marder. No offense but how many people can start of this hobby scale with a Baja's.... Not many:eek:

I started with an fg baja....bought 2nd hand ..reason I chose fg over hpi is parts are easier to get local to me and I prefer the look..

all owners have breakages of all makes and models...I'm currently breaking bits others say they have never broken before so I guess its luck of the draw..

whatever you have bought lets hope it helps and keeps you with large scales..

Hi Mate, know it is the hobby pro Mutilator 1/5 scale. Same maufacturer but different model. I have been told that most Fg Marder parts will fit this.Cheers Chris

yeah bud i was told the same and when i tried to upgrade broken parts with the better fg items they would either fit bad or not at all, the mut i had was a good buggy but due to shortage of parts i ended up sellin it and bought an fg (which i've had for over 2 years now). if your mut isn't broke then i would just use it and get used to these cars and when it does eventually die put what money you would have spent on it into an fg or hpi, just my opinion mate as i wasted so much money tryin to upgrade my mut :w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks