Home Depot Rigid stand rubber top mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

So I archived an old thread where A member used the Home Depot tilting stand for 1/5 RC. (GREAT idea BTW ). With a 38# truck you almost have to have something of a stand to work on . I'm an old fart with a not so good back so I absolutely need something for comfort. Only issue with the Rigid stand is the slick plastic top surface. I added some 1/8" sheet rubber that I had lying around and secured it by drilling four 3/16" holes through and using Honda push darts. They worked perfect ! With the added rubber the chassis should stay put nicely when wrenching on your ride ! Pics:

Here's a link to the Honda trim push darts :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Trim...=item33fff6e5c2:g:BlQAAOSwzEVcRlHd:rk:45:pf:0

Last edited:
The Rigid stand is awesome for the $30. I have a mig welder and I plan on adding a removable parts / tool tray to the column once the weather warms up. I'll progress update this thread as I mod the stand for the auxiliary tray. Not sure exactly how I want to do it just yet.

Yeah bud, I did this right off the back too. I found the Rigid top to not feel quite right with this heavy truck. Still trying to save up for the Axis Rocket stand but for now:

Losi 5iveT 2 rigid.jpg

I used industrial double-sided tape (on the top) from Home Depot and it shows no signs of trying to come off. The rubber mat is also from Home Depot. The OP's rubber mat looks even more robust.

Yeah bud, I did this right off the back too. I found the Rigid top to not feel quite right with this heavy truck. Still trying to save up for the Axis Rocket stand but for now:

View attachment 49453

The OP's rubber mat looks even more robust.

The rubber i used is 3/32" thick industrial rubber gasket that comes in 36" long rolls from my work. I always grab the cutoff scraps and take them home for misc projects. Very tough stuff.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks