Hot Rod Rovan 5b 36cc. Too Much Friggin Fun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasserbob

Is it Normal to Run your 1/5th scale every single day? Or am I just having beginners Love for my Rovan?
Last month I had surgery and had always had Big 4 wheel drive projects going on in my shop. The big 4X4 trucks were cool but everything about them was heavy. For instance I would pull a motor or a transfer case and we are talking several hundred pounds. Plus The big cars always took up so much space.

Since My surgery I have reinvented myself once again by taking up the 1/5th scale hobby.

Seems like way too much fun. I feel like I should be charged for all of the fun I have been having with my 1/5th scale Rovan Buggy.
Only had it for about a week now and have had a blast with it, Already pulled the head just to look the piston over and have got it back together and seems to run a little better now.

Seems I am either out running this thing or tweaking on it or inside reading about them or looking at all of the cool parts on Rovans website.

Having a blast with this thing.
In only a week I have seriously already gotten my moneys worth out of this thing.

Most recently I have become mezmororized in seeing my little 5B Launching from a standstill on new concrete and watching it lay down rubber and leave burnout marks. That to me is Incredible.
I've got video just not sure how to post it up here.

Attachments

• IMG_4878.JPG
    IMG_4878.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4775.JPG
    IMG_4775.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3491.JPG
    IMG_3491.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4791.JPG
    IMG_4791.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Is it Normal to Run your 1/5th scale every single day? Or am I just having beginners Love for my Rovan?
Last month I had surgery and had always had Big 4 wheel drive projects going on in my shop. The big 4X4 trucks were cool but everything about them was heavy. For instance I would pull a motor or a transfer case and we are talking several hundred pounds. Plus The big cars always took up so much space.

Since My surgery I have reinvented myself once again by taking up the 1/5th scale hobby.

Seems like way too much fun. I feel like I should be charged for all of the fun I have been having with my 1/5th scale Rovan Buggy.
Only had it for about a week now and have had a blast with it, Already pulled the head just to look the piston over and have got it back together and seems to run a little better now.

Seems I am either out running this thing or tweaking on it or inside reading about them or looking at all of the cool parts on Rovans website.

Having a blast with this thing.
In only a week I have seriously already gotten my moneys worth out of this thing.

Most recently I have become mezmororized in seeing my little 5B Launching from a standstill on new concrete and watching it lay down rubber and leave burnout marks. That to me is Incredible.
I've got video just not sure how to post it up here.

You discovered the secret, Bob! Most fun you can have written your pants on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the same way for a while after I got my 5ive-T, don't recall how long it lasted. I've been racing every Sunday when weather permits for the last two years and it has been much more satisfying, I no longer feel the need to run it everyday. I still spend countless hours looking for ways to make it stronger, faster, and easier to maintain.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks