How do you clean your rc after running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes me 3 hours ur so to clean my 5t then when
I am bashing I see mud.......... then I drive straght throw it :clown:

It don't stay clean for long :clown:

if dusty then air line blow it all off and brush to losen if wet and muddy ive got a degreaser gun for compresor i fill it with hot water little bit of fairy liquid then blast the crap off it avoiding servos reciver ect then air line to dry it then wd40 on any thing that will rust exhaust gets oilled every time as that will rust over night if you let it comes up like new

Let it dry near a radiator, then brish off the big bits.

it only gets a propper clean if I take the engine or radio tray out for some reason

Im similar. I usually leave it for a couple of hours then clean it when kids have gone to bed. It gives the mud time to dry a bit then it comes off easier. It also means I can take over the kitchen :clown::clown:
It gets a wipe down to get rid of most of shite followed by a wheels off wash down with soap & water. Then its another wipe out on the chassis again and I wrap the cloth round a small screw to get the hard to reach places :cool2: I can get it clean enough like this without taking radio tray & engine out.
Wheels & shell are washed in hot soapy water & dried off then if I want it really shiny, polish the shell with Mr Sheen :clown: You could argue this will also help it slip thru the air better when you next take it out :clown::clown: I have been known to use alloy wheel cleaner on my wheels to get the tar spots off too:clown::clown: Then its a full spray up with 'Comma' spray grease including a splash on the plastic & wipe over to make it nice & shiney :cool2: Im embarrassed to say that I did once use tyre black on the walls to be really anal :clown::clown::clown::clown:

Clean them? Who does that? Why, it will just get dirty again!

Mix up Simple Green and the hottest water your water heater will cough up in a 50/50 mix. Spray the mixture through a spray bottle that has a powerful stream. Let the mix sit for about 15-20 min blast off with garden hose. Blow off all water and all the spots you missed with compressed air from a compressor (canned air sux) Spray it again with the 50/50 mix and repeat cleaning regimen. Then hose with WD-40 let sit for 10-15 min. blow off excess with compressed air. Or you could just buy a new one every week and I'll take your old ones!

I usually let/make my oldest boy do it..for 2$ or $3 bucks he does a pretty good job. A little tip is i use foaming tire cleaner,it doesn't let mud stick to the parts and keeps em, shiny.

Some nice boiling hot soapy water, and tooth brush. Also good chance to look at the kit for wear and tear. Leave car doing a nose stand to dry.

Note: Most electrics waterproofed, either with Plastic Dip Spray and condoms. But still take care around them elecky bits.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks