How durable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

How durable and reliable are these monsters? I love the way they look, I have room to run one but with all of that size and weight do they break easy, how do they jump?

Sorry for the noob questions.

the Baja is extremely durable. When I went to the track with my nitro, not a single day it came back in one piece. But with the Baja, i bashed it like hell and it still survived. The only things I ever broke is the pinion screw and tires, that's it. Another thing, a tank of gassoline hold up 5 times longer than a tank of nitro fuel, and a gallon of gassoline + 2 strole oil is 10 times cheaper than a gallon of nitro fuel. Think about it in long term of playing, you safe more money on this gas beasts than on a nitro.

Phong.

basically Bra, i t all boils down to how much you throw at it.

Duratrax FH ( much like the FG Marder, and identical to the smartech traveler an others) can be had for around 800. rtr

bajas and fg baseline models about a grand rtr

MCDs, J&As mid line top line FGs start around 1500.00 some come rtr some come needing elecs, while others like the MCDs need motor and elecs.

i only own a Baja for offroad so can only coment on i beat the living poop out of this thing with Minimal brakeage.

Thanks for the replies! The videos were great...I like the way the MT's look but after watching the Baja take a good beating I'm not sure.

I really had no idea which one I'm interested in, there are a lot more choices than I realized! I'm not in a rush so I'll dig around for a little more info.

I wouldn't be doing crazy jumps (like 1/8 scale buggies do) these trucks average well over 20lb...a 20ft jump on a buggie might not break anything...on these something got to give under the stress.

I wouldn't be doing crazy jumps (like 1/8 scale buggies do) these trucks average well over 20lb...a 20ft jump on a buggie might not break anything...on these something got to give under the stress.

Thats what scares me...I sometimes get out of hand when running/jumping my Savage. I can only imagine what kind of damage I could do to one of these big mofo's!

i have to say i ve made Repeated 20 plus foot long 6 feet high jumps with the Bajas off a 22 inch high table top. it just soaks it up unless you nose in to much. other than that, the baja takes it in stride very well.

I jump this buggy all day long on my track some jumps well over twenty
feet long with no problems at all.Ya you will have to upgrade some parts
not many.If you want more accurate info on the baja i would check out
the hpibajaforum you may be pleasantly surprised.Good luck in your
search.

I'll tell u what, I would feel much more confident of jumping the baja and not my FG....I'm sure something with snap even though i'm running alloy everything. My truck is about 28lbs that much weight coming down on a hard landing will not look pretty.

I'll tell u what miamimac that is one nice looking truck you have there in that av.They are just completly different animals.Good fun either way.

Thanks phatdad...I've been contemplating the baja..sometimes I see the 8th scales and bajas for that matter being very aggresive and just beating the shet out of them and they keep coming back for more...it makes me feel a little left out....but what the heck I can spank the doors off'em in a head to head race...LOL!

until the GEARING. and "OTHER GOODIES" that may be coming. then it ll be a good tight race for sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks