How often are you/do you re oil ur air filter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oiled filters are great, I ran my 5ive-T about an hour in a really dusty quarry until the motor couldn't do more than idle due to lack of air.

I now run the 5ive-B that doesn't kick dirt inside the car like there's no tomorrow and haven't cleaned the filter so far this year. I have a prefilter on it also now and so far the oiled filter has worked as intended.

Attachments

• 20160508_195156.jpg
    20160508_195156.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 11
Whenever I think it needs it....and probably not as often as I should....

I have 2 filter sets for my cars.
When its time to change filters I install the extra filter.
I wash, dry, and re-oil the dirty filter I took off the truck then store it in a ziplock bag until its time to change filters again. This way, I don't have down time waiting for a filter to dry or come in the mail or have to make an emergancy trip to the LHS to buy one.

Well I roughly remember how often I used to re oil my old filter, I re oiled it twice in the 6 months that engine lasted, I did have a outerwear on it. Oh and that engine didn't fail cuz of that, it failed because the cylinder skirt blew apart into the engine a screwed everything up, but I'm now gunna (based on what you guys say), with the new engine and filter, Gunna oil it every 3-4 runs based on the running conditions. Thanks all!

Because I'm new here ? but seriously, when I actually had a running engine, I re oilded not very often. So I'm really not trying to have my engine suck up dirt like a vacuum cleaner so if you could let me know I'd appreciate it.
It depends if you run on dirt or grass.
I bash on grass, very little if any dirt.
I clean mine about every ten 45 minute runs.
After cleaning I put three drops of Bel Ray Foam filter oil in a freezer bag and drop in the filter.
Thats all you need do not over oil.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks