How the h&%@ do I get this to stay in place????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Revo

I don't know the name or part # so here's a pic:

13019924554d9ad40785cc9.jpg

The black part in center at the top of the photo slides back and that way disabling my brakes no matter what I do. I have tried loctite and a gorilla-grip to make it tight and good, but only after some minutes of driving the "collar" have slided back and no braking power is a fact.
Could I drill a little dent in the shaft and change the locking screw to one with a pointy end?

How do other make this stay in place? Red loctite maybe? I have used blue.

yes, re-installed it half a dozen times now, and everytime I unscrew it all the way out to line up the hole with the notched out part of the layshaft. It's making me crazy, as I never know when or not I have breaks :):):)

Just installed the same on my marder with no probs. Cant understand why you would be having trouble with it?? Take a pic then we can see if there is anything obvious.

Installed it back in place last night, letting the loctite cure some more hours and testing it again tonight. Hope that helps. If it unscrewes again I'll take pictures and post up so you can see what I'm writing about :) Thank you ;)

take it out and grind the bottom flat that touches the shaft. it's just a point with a dimple and not much contact area. blue should hold it but this area does get pretty warm. the flat spot will really add extra surface area though

My dad was admitted to the hospital with chest pains yesterday, he is now doing fine.
So I didn't have the time to test the FG until today. Now some hours later the brake collar stays in place :):)

He seems to be doing fine. He is out of the hospital today, and they say that it wasn't the heart, it was double sided pneumonia. From earlier he only has 75% lung capacity on one side and 25% on the other side, that and beeing a heavy smoker didn't make it better. But for now the sigs are put a side and he has a strict word to start exercise more and cut down on the ice cream ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks