How-To Install Bearings in Your Crankcase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Here is a quick video on installing bearings in your engine crank case halves. I went and built my new motor for the MT and was heating the 2nd case up and just dropped in the bearing when I thought I should make up a quick vid of it. I dropped the bearing in the 1st time without a touch like I did with the second half. Just as it goes, with trying to make the vid it didn't just drop in. The video does however still show how easy it is when aluminum expands and the cold bearing drops in the hole.

Here my new bearings have arrived.

DSC07761.jpg

But they just don't fit that easy.

DSC07762.jpg

So now what? I don't have a press! I don't want to hammer on the bearing! I know, HEAT IT!!

CLICK HERE:
th_MOV07769.jpg

All done.
This will work on all your aluminum parts and you really don't have to get them too hot....

Last edited:
putting the cases in the oven for a few minutes does thes same job too that's how i do mine to check if hot enough just touch case with bit of soap if it turns brown case is hot enough to drop bearing in if you want you can put bearing in freezer too !

Does heating the case do the same when removing bearings or do you need to pry or pop em out with something.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks