How to Marder gear plate bearings and clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuMarder

FG Marder
Is it best to locktite new gearplate bearings into the gearplate to stop them turning in the housing?

Any advice on clutch springs, or where can I read on web?
ie Performance difference with normal / red / blue springs

Thanks

If you need to glue bearings into the carrier the carrier is creamed.
Never heard of a blue spring but a standard starts to engage @ 5000 RPM and fully @ 6000 RPM giving you better control.
A red spring starts to engage @ 7000 RPM and fully @ 8000 RPM giving you more kick off the line.
J.

like Voo said, if the bearing can twist at all in the gear plate, or drops out due to gravity (when given a tap from your fingers) then the plate is dead. You can open out the hole to a larger size and put in an oversize bearing, but for the cost and effort, may as well get a new gear plate. If you want to know the drilling size and replacement bearing, PM me the current bearing dims and i'll work it out for you (I design component reclamations for a living).

if the bearing is still a light press fit (as in needs a gentle tap from a manchester spanner to seat it), but you think it may rotate, you can use some loctite on it (i'd recommend standard blue loctite as the contact surface is quite large, anything stronger and you may struggle to get it out).

Gearplate bearings / clutch springs

Thank you both for your replies / help.
New standard clutch fitted and new bearings fitted into new gearplate, no loctite required as a very good fit.

Regards
Stu

FG make blue spring, its inbetween the 6K and 8K said to enguage 7K and fully at 7.5K. Comes standard on 4WD models and is what I run in past and present FG models.

I put a small bit of superglue on outer ring on bearing for gear carrier and haven't had any problems.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks