How-To Modify your stock engine insulator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
The stock plastic insulators do not fit up with the intake port. This may not allow the complete amount of fuel and air to flow freely. Unless you can buy an alloy insulator/Manifold you can try modifying yours.

Before:

DSC03655.jpg
DSC03656.jpg
DSC03651.jpg
DSC03649.jpg
DSC03654.jpg

After:

DSC03658.jpg
DSC03657.jpg
DSC03653.jpg
DSC03652.jpg

I used a dremel to slowly work the plastic to the same size as the carb intake and made sure to remove the form ridge and shine back up the plastic.

Make sure to only open up and match, do not take plastic off the V shape ramp. These intake manifolds need to funnel shape for that venturi effect. Opening to match is fine.

The manifold is like a velocity stack.

LOL, Did you notice the post date, revival from the dead... 2011!

We need these older threads resurfacing so to keep that search engine helpful. Ya ever try and use the search function on the other site? Ridiculous! Everything that comes up has nothing to do with what I'm looking for. Too boot almost half if not half the searched threads are buy/sell/trade and that's with every site. It boggles my mind that these web designers haven't figured out they need to either not have buy/sell/trade forum threads not come up on searches or have a way to only search for content or for sale crap. I used to frequent a fishing site as much as I do here maybe more picture my flies and jigs as well as trade plugs. That site's search function is almost nothing but WTS/WTB threads. Very annoying!........ I'm sorry for the rant/vent guys. Didn't mean to even type all this out, fingers walked away on me lol....... Back to topic....... Since I came across this thread I've been asking around to see if anyone has done this and whether there is enough performance gain to even attempt it being, Bigger the better, hasn't been on since 2011. This RCMK insulator is what I have been suggested and it looks bad ass. Haven't picked one up yet but will most def post back when I do.

https://www.gizmomotors.com/index.p...tors-billet-insulator-block-for-zenoah-detail

That RCMK intake insulator looks quite nice.
Might give a few of those a try myself.

I have matched mine a few times, and if there is a performance gain, it must be pretty small.
I have not really noticed any huge change from it, but I am sure it doesn't hurt any either. ;)

Just fyi, I would replace the intake manifold for metal and done, of course do the same mod of gasket matching.

But do not make the venturi/cone shape bigger, it will kill performance, super sluggish on acceleration. 2 strokes work like a vacuum and there is a reason for such shape, and why no company sells bigger is better manifolds.

Real performance is on port matching internals to eliminate any steps or rough bumps. These budget engines are mass produced and its casting is just that, average.

034-4.jpg

093-1.jpg

**not my pictures, fyi.

Race engine, 2 stroke PBP

** I am not the owner of the attached pictures or thread.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks