HPI Baja 5SC Flux 4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they do both Gas and electric to give Losi some competition and drive down prices. doesn't seem like it would take that long to stretch out an Apache SC to the proper size and put a castle motor in it.

man, i hate electric but i see what hpi has done here. they are some smart son of a guns. they knew losi was coming out with the 5ive. in the electric class this truck will dominate the 5ive in electric form. its much, much lighter and more nimble. cant wait to see the racing portion of 1/5th to evolve a little more. you watch, when we start seeing big races emerge here in the US and see an electric class, this sc flux will be on top. i think with the time constraints and the market they figured this was the quickest and most profitable way to go in a short period and produce something to compete with the 5ive in electric form that is. that is where a lot of people are going these days.

now they just gotta work on a good gas 4x4 design that is lighter to dominate the 5ive.

for some reason ive never been a losi fan. i think it has to do with popularity. you go to local track and you defo see more losi 1/8ths than associated or other brands. im the kinda guy that doesn't like to be the smae as the majority so i always ran associated with great success. same here, i love hpi and not going to dump them just cuz losi jumped in the game. hpi will get us something good in the gas 4x4 gamet.

dream on cos it aint gonna happen...ever,

...when the flux sc sneak pics and this vid were first aired on various other forums a few months ago the response was underwhelming for the ayes...99% of responses were negative...why? because 99% of largescalers like gas, that's why we bought em in the first place...hpi missed the goal by the width of the field with this pos...batteries are for flashlights, womens toys and powering servos in cars with proper engines.

if it were to take off class wise then associated and traxxas will build 5th slashs and sc10's and blitz hpi (pun intended) as the do in 10th scale. it looks like they are going to stick their new micro gas engine in the extended savage sc mutt they made a while ago with a nitro engine (that was a dismal failure)...that'll be you hpi 5thscale 4wd sc truck.

im right there with ya mooman! but, in electric trim this sc flux will dance around a losi, atm. the losi weighs a ton more. im just talking about this hpi platform and the losi in electric trim.

i love gas and only gas, i to was let way down by that whole unveil of this pos. but in the 1/5th electric class there is no denying the hpi has it atm. i hope associated comes out with a 1/5th gasser, i will have one no doubt. i feel like they will very soon, and you can bet it will be better than the losi. my opinion, don't shoot me!

im right there with ya mooman! but, in electric trim this sc flux will dance around a losi, atm. the losi weighs a ton more. im just talking about this hpi platform and the losi in electric trim.

i love gas and only gas, i to was let way down by that whole unveil of this pos. but in the 1/5th electric class there is no denying the hpi has it atm. i hope associated comes out with a 1/5th gasser, i will have one no doubt. i feel like they will very soon, and you can bet it will be better than the losi. my opinion, don't shoot me!

Pistols at Dawn then .... :gun_bandana::censored::badair:

I like Losi gear - have all 3 Raminators.
To be honest though ..... an SC5 would be fantastic !!
When the SC8 came out, it took everyone by surprise and really raised the bar.
Al.

lol, at dawn it is then!:D

when associated joins the field can you imagine the explosion of 1/5th racing here in the states. i know in europe and other areas of the world 1/5th racing has been around for ages. never undersood why it didnt take off here. but soon it shall and i just may have to get back into serious racing. kinda exciting a little bit.

lol, at dawn it is then!:D

when associated joins the field can you imagine the explosion of 1/5th racing here in the states. i know in europe and other areas of the world 1/5th racing has been around for ages. never undersood why it didnt take off here. but soon it shall and i just may have to get back into serious racing. kinda exciting a little bit.

cost wise is why it never took off, then the lack of local tracks in most area, some run mostly 1/10 and 1/8 scale others run only micro's, no where in my area that is not with in an hour's drive time is there a track, we have leisure hours but thats mostly 1/8 scale and some 1/10 and micro's, junkyard is over 100 miles away from me have to get up at the but crack of dawn to get there, and then theres some track out west but again i don't know enough about it to justify a 2-3 hrs drive,

but it will catch on just not as fast as we would like it to,

yep, the closest tracks to me are about 2 1/2 hrs. or more. i used to race 1/8th buggy, truggy, onroad, electric buggy, and sc. i don't race no more simply because of family and the distance. but an out break of 1/5th racing(4x4) might trip me back into it.

having lived on both continents i have a different theory as to why we lag behind euroville...here we can buy full sized motorized toys, quads dirt bikes, jeeps etc fairly cheap (compared to over there, and their gas is twice as much) and (this is the biggest thing) there are gazillions of public sq miles to go play with them here...over in Europe you can't take a piss in a hedge without the hounds being released by the landowner (nearly all the rivers are privately owned now by selfish bastards too so you can't hardly fish anywhere anymore!!)...there is no where to go...so to get their fix of engines, noise and tailpipe smells, motorheads buy rc's..this started 25yrs ago so they have a 20yr head start on N.America.
Here, however, we have good old USA born litigation, the blame society that says accidents should be penalized to the death so landowners cite the liability/insurance clause...get 30 people on your land and one trips on a pebble and twists an ankle then it's goodbye land, unfortunately here common sense does not prevail when one is being sued...maybe we should start tripping over on the lawyers' land and sue those leaches

i just put together a sc5 flux. blasted the steering servo the first day. put a 451BLS in it right behind a GY401.. mamba xl2 8S 34V and 2028 series motor combo coming in the mail. the stock powerplant is a joke really, its the same thing thats in the 1/8 scale apache sc flux. also they got a little cheap in the shocks too. besides those things its cool. i dunno, well see what happens on 8s 65c thunder power packs. HEHE.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks