HPI baja 5t or 5B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireman15

Hey guys I am new to the world of 1/5 scale. I have just sold my pain in the a$$ nitros. so looking into getting a petrol truck. I have been over forum after forum, and i have seen the clones, and i keep on hearing about how they break. I have heard that they are basically the same is this true? I would just like oppinions from first hand experienced owners so which one ?

I have a 5b SS I have had for going on 3 years and had very little breakage. I did up grade the weakest areas before I ever ran it.

I prefer the 5b because it is lighter by about 6 pounds, the replacement bodies are about 1/5 what the T or SC bodies cost and I like buggies.

Why do you like the 5b ?

To me the 5B handles better and as 46u said, it is lighter and the bodies are less expensive and last longer. I like the 5T because if it does roll, it more often than not rolls back over to its wheels, and has a good scale look to it. Really, you need to see both in action, or better yet drive both, to see which one you like better.

5t or SC clear bodies $170 and up. 5b clear bodies around $30. Like Wookiee528 says the 5T and SC bodies do not hold up as well as the 5b which means you will be buying them more often.

On my 5b SS I have been running for 3 years still run the original body it is pretty beat up but still works and in one piece. Mostly the paint is getting pretty bad. I did have to replace the pods once which you can buy separate for $7.50 a pair.

Many do not run a body on the 5t or sc just a cage.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks